Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new XD45le Tactical and have quickly found that feeding the thing is gonna cost me some serious breadsticks unless I reload. I've never reloaded ammo before and don't even own any gear yet for it, but I'm more than happy to go buy more toys to meet this new "requirement" of mine.

I read about folks toying with the idea of reloading .45GAP but have yet to read/hear of anyone actually doing the reloading.

Where does one get supplies from, like new bullets and casings? for the 'GAP'. I figure the powder and primers can be had from just about anywhere else that sells the raw materials to reload.

Anyway, thanks for any info.

-Doug

·
Registered
298 Posts
www.midwayusa.com

If you want to start off cheap get the LEE Aniversary Kit. You'll still use the press later should you get a progressive. They have 45 GAP Dies from LEE and RCBS as well as good deals on a variety of presses. 45 GAP uses the same bullets as 45 ACP. They have a variety of bullets in .45 (I use rainer plated). Buy your primers and powder locally. Be sure you use only 45 GAP brass. Don't use cut down 45 ACP or you might have pressure problems using large primers and a weaker case.

Have fun...but i don't think your really gonna save any money reloading!

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
James reloads for his. I'm sure he'll be along soon...

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
I dont get my things through Middway but they are a good source for the 45 gap
They have the
dies
brass in stock 1000 starline for around a 100.....the same price as the ACP.
Try to get the powder and primers local to save on the hazmat charge.

If you shoot lead it wil be even cheaper there are lenty of places to find deals. If you need some help try Gloctalk the bulldawg club there is a lot of info there and it helped me out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you need load data with chronographed loads email me. I bought one of the first Glock 37's and then a 38 for CCW. I had to work up loads as their was no published data, very much when I bought my Sig 229 in 357sig in 1994. I have safely matched the +P 45ACP with a 200grs Gold Dot, Fed primer, 7.3grs AA#5 seated to a COAL of 1.067 fps.

Now Lyman has limited data published in their 3rd Edition Pistol & Revolver book published in 2005.

Email me for the data at: [email protected] Let me know if you want it in an Excel spread sheet format or as plain text.
Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts