Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 3" SP101 and a CBST. It's very hard to draw. Thought maybe I needed to break it in so several different times stood in front of the mirror practicing. Still difficult. I have to yank really hard to get it out. Even loosened my belt and still difficult.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Heat up the kydex with a hair dryer and draw the guns few times while it's pliable.

On the crossbreed, the retention is created by the material around the trigger guard of the holster.

If you feel it's a bit loose after this, heat up at the triggerguard and press gently worth your thumb for a little more retention pressure

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have two other Crossbreeds for semi auto and the retention on all 3 are the same. Just the gun in holster is without belt is already loose. Thats why I loosened my belt.

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
Have a 3" SP101 and a CBST. It's very hard to draw. Thought maybe I needed to break it in so several different times stood in front of the mirror practicing. Still difficult. I have to yank really hard to get it out. Even loosened my belt and still difficult.

Any suggestions?
get an OWB holster

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cuda, no. Its about even if not a tick above the top belt line.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
You will have to play with the retention like devjames said.

sent from the german sheperd next to me

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
You sure? The revolver slides out easily of the kydex holster when upside down, no shaking. Unholsters just fine when I put my pointer finger on weak hand on belt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts