Springfield XD Forum banner

Hard Chrome

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  1lowlife 
#1 ·
Who's doing them and roughly how much for the slide, trigger, take down, slide release, mag release and grip safety?

#3 ·
#4 ·
Tripp's did mine.
Unfortunately they don't do HC anymore..
But they do provide a list of other re finishers..

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Effective Date: 06/13/2008

Tripp Research Inc. discontinued its refinishing division effective 06/13/2008. This includes both Hard Chrome and Coating services. This is a permanent cessation of refinishing services. It is not temporary. We are not accepting refinishing jobs received after this date. Our Magazines, Products, and Firearm Development divisions are performing at all-time highs, and we are concentrating our focus on these aspects of our business.
We have enjoyed supplying the pistol community with superior Hard Chrome and Coating for 11 years. Tripp Research Inc. continues to stand by all of our refinishing work. Should you have any warranty questions regarding our refinishing, please contact Virgil Tripp. Our refinishing customers have been some of the best people any business could have and we will continue to serve everyone with superior 1911 Magazines, AR-15 Magazines and Products. Thank you for a over a decade of refinishing successes and all your support.

The following is a partial list of firearm refinishers. This list, naturally, is not an endorsement, but rather a starting point for you to research suitability for your particular refinishing needs. If someone else needs to be added to this list, feel free to contact us.

#6 ·
Nobody has ever said... I don't know why its a big secrete. Has anyone ever had this done??? How much was it?? I heard anywhere from 200-400...
Oops, sorry.
I paid $185 to Tripp's + shipping.
That was hard chrome everything but the barrel and guide rod.
Plated all the internal parts, pins, etc...
I wanted to keep the barrel and guide rod black.

#7 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.