Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the first thing I'll say is "screw Glock, who needs 'em" :lol:
I sold my G19 after handling an XD 4", and I'm glad I did. Today was my first time shooting my XD, and I put around 300 rounds thru it. i used several different types of ammo and also different brands, and this little gun just screamed for more. It handled great, recoil is negligable and points like its part of me.
The ONLY down side to the day was I am not too pleased with the factory sights. I shot good groups, but had to drift the sight to hit center mass on a Q target. i also found it hard to find the front sight. With my tired old eyes, I see a change to a night sight of some sort, perhaps the big dot system from XS. Anyone using them?

Nice job Springfield, on producing a firearm capable of showing up the "flavor of the week".

·
Registered
163 Posts
Ex-De,

Welcome....The XS sights would be great...I have factory Heinie strait 8 on my SC and they help tremendously. I have trouble with acquiring the front sight with factory 3 dots (even sometimes with the TFOs) but the heinies really work well for me, bifocasls and old eyes. Think about them also.

The XS has a much bigger front sight picture from what I've seen so check out the Heinie web sight and also the XS web to see the difference.

Again welcome and shoot often and well.

Roikoshey :twisted:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you,

I used to have the XS 24/7 sites on my sig 245. The worked very well, but were by no means "target sights".

CDNN is offering them for 65 bucks, so it's just a toss up wheathre to go Mep, like my walther or truglo, or XS....

decisions, decisions.... :eek:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Welcome.....

There are very knowledgable people on this site...the atmostphere is pretty casual....and like most people on here...will spend hours a day reading up on your favorite firearm.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Welcome, and congrats on the XD9...I have carried one on duty now for over 1 year, I have never had even as much as a hiccup with mine.....

and as for glock (this is just my .02) I agree, Glock's have been shoved down our throat for years...I have had them all 17's 19's 22's 23's 21's...Its like your wife, you experiment over the years, and then finnaly you meet that one and thats it! HAHAHA :wink: ... Your hooked!

The XD feels so much better, and more comfortable to shoot, and in my case more accurate....

Congrats!

Tom :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that's just it.
I bought the Glock on it's reputation, knowing it would function under the most severe........yea, yea, yea,
Then I held it, in my case, a Gen 2, with that STOO-PID U shaped cutout at the bottom of the grip.
Said to myself that I'd get used to it...never did.
don't get me wrong, it is a good gun...but it was not "right" in my hand. Gen 3 is even worse for me.

Not the XD though, now that's right. from the moment ya pick it up...well you know, nuff said...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Great feel and control. The wife comment, is she want you to buy more guns and less stuff for the house...... You just con't shoot her :twisted:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts