Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, this is my third knife I have made. First one was an old b4stard file that I ground to shape. Next was an old barn door hinge and got handle material and all. Finally, my latest is O1 steel and green canvas micarta. Still working on all my skills, including my sheath making skills. No laughing. Tell me what you think.

my guns and knives

my newest one

new one in sheath, older one behind it

Thanks

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
I like it! I've thought about getting into knife making, but I simply dont have the time. Keep us posted on your work!

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Looks like a good, usable knife. Ever considered making kydex sheaths? It's incredibly easy to make a sheath just as good as anything you could buy for a minute fraction of the cost.

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
Nice work. I like.

Did you stitch a small piece of leather along the stitched seam to help keep the blade from cutting the thread? Otherwise, looks real good. It has an antique kind of patina to it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I just get an hour here an hour there to work on it. I love making them. I have done a bunch of research on Kydex or Concealex holsters. I just got to pull the trigger and get the stuff...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts