Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are two rifles that were left to me by my aunt. I was wondering what their approximately worth/usages/over quality are?

Marlin 336C 35 Rem.
Tasco 3-9x32

Stevens Savage 87B
Pretty Poor Condition, can tell it has been ignored for 10+ years.

Pictures were taken hastily with a poor camera.. anyways, could I possibly turn these weapons into a 10/22 (see my other post) or find some decent use for them?

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
the marlin is a great rifle, but the caliber is going to cost you a pretty penny to shoot it, if it was in a still common caliber I'd be very envious, as it is still cool, not sure with ammo prices as they are what that does to the value, usually they run 350 ish, don't know the quality of the scope either.

I'd say keep it its cool.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Stevens Savage is typically a name associated with mass produced lower quality weaponry that isn't valued very highly. That said, I have a Stevens Savage model 19 NRA .22 Match rifle that is worth something like $350 or $400. The point is that it may be low quality (and is probably a sell-off waiting to happen) but you need to do your research first. Check gunbroker.com and gunsamerica.com for comparable rifles and pricing.

The Marlin is a lever gun and lever guns are ALWAYS awesome. Ammo prices will hurt you, but everybody needs a fall back rifle for when the world ends and we have to hunt for food again. Mine is an WWI Enfield .303 British - ammo prices are a bit steep, but that's why I'm stocking up.

FWIW - I found the 87b on gunsamerica for $89 and one at gunbroker for like $135. These sound accurate to me.

Search for "stevens 87b" and you'll get results.

joe

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
The Marlin is an excellent short range deer/pig gun. 35 Remington ammo is not hard to find and unless you're buying the LeverRevolution stuff, not overly expensive. I see 35 Rem plain wrap ammo at every Wal Mart I go into.

The 22? I don't know alot about those. My old semi-auto 22s are a Remington 550 and Winchester 63. If it runs good, it is probably pretty accurate. Most of the early American made 22s are pretty accurate.

- brickboy240

1 - 4 of 4 Posts