Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was fancying my XD (9mm-service model) after installing the bike tube grips on it when I noticed something peculiar. I'm not too certain, but I think I have two hairline cracks on my frame. They are on both sides of the frame as illustrated by the pictures.

Can you guys check your XD's and tell me if you see anything on yours??? I'd really appreciate the feedback. I'm worried.

note: red arrows denotes ends of cracks

·
Registered
26 Posts
just checked my XD-9 4" out and I see the same crack on both sides. I think its just part of the molding process cause ive never noticed any problems.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
They're not cracks, they're the edges of the mold where they added the thumb rest. :)

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Phew...thanks guys....a couple of more confirmations from other folks will alleviate my worries. Damn molds!!!

Let me continue fancying her.

·
Registered
214 Posts
yep same deal here, i was a little worried to, but they were so uniform and in a spot were they looked molded so no problem there, deffinitly mold marks.... i can just see the glocktalkers now did you hear the XD's have mold now? :roll:

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Arrowman said:
yep same deal here, i was a little worried to, but they were so uniform and in a spot were they looked molded so no problem there, deffinitly mold marks.... i can just see the glocktalkers now did you hear the XD's have mold now? :roll:
Yeah. They are pretty uniform. I'm going to think nothing of it. You mean to tell me there are glocktalker spies in this forum that sends classified XD information to their source??? Now I worry again. :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts