Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i had to do it. Just put money down on a .40 sub-compact in olive green. My cousin mite be doing the same next week.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I hope you like it:) I have to admit that me and little .40 guns have never gotten along, but lots of folks love them. Make sure we get a range report!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Congrats...I love the look of the OD green...trying to talk my gf into buying a 9sc in OD green...for her protection and for me to play with...enjoy!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the .40 sc blue, its a great gun, and tough as nails, I agree the accuracy is very good for a small barrel too. Nice choice!

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
I have the same gun, in OD and it's my favorite handgun.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My sc cam in today. I got a call from some kid at the shop telling me that the .40sc only came with 2 9round mags.:shock: Well i new better but he insisted that he knew more then me about it sense he had it right there.
1st he said it only come with 2 9round mags from the factory and there is no 12rnd mags. made.:roll:
2nd he seize o sense this is NY they only allow 9rd mags:roll:
I tell him that the NY one comes with 1 9rnd and 1 10rnd full size mag.
well he didn't know what to say and just said that i can come pick it up today.:roll:
I tell him that i doubt that my paper work came from Albany yet sense it took 3 weeks on my other 2 handguns.
Well i figured i better go in and see for my self. I got 2 more weeks be for the paper work comes so i want to take care of this be for i pick it up.
I go in and yes it did come with a 10rnd instead of the 12rd but they have ordered my 12rnd and will swap it out.
So if your a LEO and your in NY Springfield will send a 10rd, don't worry but make sure the shop knows to swap it out.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
will do on the pics
I was showing my sister the xd catalog and showed her the pics of the sub and the OD green tac. She said would like the sub in OD green.
I said thats funny I just bought 1.:D
I told her if she gets her permit i would buy her a gun. I think if she likes the .40 ill give it to her and buy a nother with the carry package.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I told her if she gets her permit i would buy her a gun. I think if she likes the .40 ill give it to her and buy a nother with the carry package.:rolleyes:
Can I be your brother????? LOL, BTW my permit should be here soon!!!;) And congrats on the SC!!!

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My sister works as a manager at a hotel right off the thruway. She works 4-12 and some times 12-8. She should be armed. Nut jobs come in there at night all the time. I worry about her all the time so $500 is well worth it.

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
My sister works as a manager at a hotel right off the thruway. She works 4-12 and some times 12-8. She should be armed. Nut jobs come in there at night all the time. I worry about her all the time so $500 is well worth it.
A big +1

and what's wrong with us damn hippies? Some of us are also gun nuts :shock:

·
Premium Member
7,343 Posts
After retiring--I now consider myself a "hippie". Hair/beard is long, off-duty wear consists of "anything that just might be/could be clean, jeans/boots and an assortment of old od mil-issue jackets". I'm quick to flash a piece sign...and offer a hand to someone who is down and out. But I am still armed to the teeth 24/7.

"The Duality of Man"-- Full Metal Jacket

·
Registered
27 Posts
congrats,i am still waiting on my sc to arrive ........they was hard to find in stock imagine that........... been packing a S&W highway patrolman some , for the hell of it..... get a taste of old school:lol:
the sc should feel like nothing after lugging the S&W around....

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
when o when will my paper work be in so i can pick up my .40
Monday will be 3weeks sent it was sent out to Albany. It takes 3weeks to get it back from Albany:sad:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Pierce grip extentions, well worth the money, I have five mags set up, two extended, two with pierce extentions and the stock short mag for deeper concealment, but one of the others is always in my back jeans pocket. The little extentions are worth they're weight in gold. I have a blued 40 sub with about 600 rds thru it,lol, last time at the range, out shot two young bucks with service glocks,lol. Ticked them off and they left. They take some getting used to and don't really break in till about 300 rds, then they settle down nicelly. I purchased and installed night sights myself and love them. I think next is a better trigger. You'll love the sub, mine has never failed me. Good thinking and good purchase!

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
all ready got a pierce grip and Trijicon sp01o night sights. now only if my dam parperwork would get here:mad:

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
paper work is in picking it up in the morning.
Im going to clean it 1st. I bought some gun butter.
Is it ok to use Breakfree with gunbutter?
Iv got 275rounds im going to shoot thru it tomorrow. Will it be ok to shoot all 275 UMC and HST or should i clean it somewear in between?

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
should have it back soon. Scott from Springer seize its done and just needs to be test fired.
this weather sucks. No indoor ranges in western NY

1 - 20 of 23 Posts