Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are a few of you lurking around from the greater Cincinnati area. Just wanted to post about a great class I took today at Target World, a local gun sanctuary.

Class size was 6 with 3 instructors. Cost was only $40. Ran 2hrs went through 100 rds. The exercises were great! I went into the class knowing that I needed to work on trigger pull, so I had specific goals in mind, but overall, the class focused on marksmanship as well as a little threat encounter (they were giving us a taste of the Level 3 class to wet our appetite). The double tap portion was a lot of fun and I learned a lot about keeping the gun in control for double taps.

By the end I had accomplished my goal of improving trigger pull and even learned to shoot weak handed. Being relatively new to shooting I had not tried it before. I managed to get 4 of the first 5 weak handed shots on the 10 ring. Maybe the weak hand should be the strong hand? I have a weaker trigger pull with my left hand so I didn't pull it as much as with my right hand. All in all, had a great time and will probably go back for the level 3 class which involves real world scenarios of shoot-move-shoot.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately, I do not. The class I took is not actually conducted by the Gun Shop. The instructors where renting the range to teach the class. In exchange they "encourage" patronage to the store. You might want to call local stores in your area to see if they know of anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts