Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only have about a dozen standard GI mags, but I have two new H&K mags that are new. Should I keep them and use them as my primary defense mags or trade them 4 or mor pmags?

The H&K mags are very nice and I have heard they are the cats meow in terms of mags. I have also heard good things about the Pmags.

What should I do?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,363 Posts
pmags. I would hold onto the USGI mags considering the election. If you want to increase their reliability you can upgrade the followers to magpul anti tilt followers. Something tells me the H&K mags are just overpriced and youre paying for the name.

However good lucky finding any pmags in stock, due to the election, they are sold out in many places.

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
Hang on to your HK mags....I have 2 and they are sweet.
I'd save them and use them for defensive ammo.
I don't really think you'd be able to trade them in an equal value to PMags, seems like people are falling out of love with the HK mags.

That said, I like my 2 HK mags but I wouldn't trade 4 PMags for 1 HK mag.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Pmags, CProducts stainless mags & USGI with Magpul followers are better than H&K mags in my free opinion. While HK mags are steel, they have had rusting problems, as well as quick spring fatigue and some parts breakage reported. The fact that H&K won't sell replacement parts to "civvies" is the deal buster for many. You don't want to spend that kind of cash on a mag if you can't rebuild it. I'd take 6 PMags over 2 HK mags for around the same $ any day.

My opinion....worth what you paid for it.

GHILLIE

·
Registered
752 Posts
Hang on to your HK mags....I have 2 and they are sweet.
I'd save them and use them for defensive ammo.
I don't really think you'd be able to trade them in an equal value to PMags, seems like people are falling out of love with the HK mags.

That said, I like my 2 HK mags but I wouldn't trade 4 PMags for 1 HK mag.

The proof is in the pudding. The HK mags were the bee's knee's before Magpul came on the scene. But when you can buy 3 mags for the price of 1 and get 3 superior mags from a company that actually likes civilians it's a win.
I wouldn't trade any of my pmags for an HK mag.

·
Registered
278 Posts
+1 for Pmags. Good luck finding them right now though. Everywhere that they are priced decently is sold out.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Funny, I never fell in love with the H&K mags.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
p mags for sure. even at the same price i would get pmags but considering the price its a no brainer. i only use pmagd now

·
Registered
109 Posts
I just ordered 5, 30rd pmags online for 12.95 a piece. I got my receipt emailed to me and it didnt say they were sold out so hopefully they'll arrive shortly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts