Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decide between the drawer versus the pop open in the front and also typically for $25 or so more you can get the double vs the single... Deluxe vs the standard? How much of a difference is there or is it just adding an interior light?

Looking for an option for car and for home.. The above for home. For the car go back and forth as to whether one would want to lock it in the front seat area where it could conceivably be accessible quickly or keep it completely concealed.. ? Eventually may have it on me with cc license, but otherwise I could see lots of times of wanting it locked up in car so kids, and anyone else can't get to it. unfortunately most of the seats have mechanical hardware that doesn't allow much space for anything else. Under the floor mat in front or in the spare tire area either one could conceivably work well.

The double vaults for home seem nice that you could store more than just the hand gun but other people say don't put anything else in there to get in your way. :) But I might eventually like to have a couple of various handguns unless I get separate vaults for each of them.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Have you considered the ones that use a mechanical pushbutton lock and heavier steel construction for your home? I personally just don't want to rely on electronics for storage of my defensive guns.

There is a $15 discount code in this video review on this handgun safe. There are other brands too that use this type of lock if you want to just have one in a drawer.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I ordered a Fort Knox FTK-PB Pistol Box from Amazon, as I wanted a mechanical lock, check it out.

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
I just got one of the combo bulldog vaults. However, here is my recommendation to get quick access...

When you're woken up in the middle of the night you will be out of it and could have an issue putting in your code. Set your alarm once a night for a week or two at odd hours (0100, 0230, 0115, 0400, etc). When your alarm goes off you quickly practice getting access to your safe. Also, before you go to bed practice several times. In a week or two you'll have muscle memory and be able to quickly open it upon being woken up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts