Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i know we have a lot of FL owners here. would anyone be able to suggest a store/gunsmith in central FL to have some work done on my XDm?

i'd like to get my trigger job done by a pro
i also have some work i would like done to my mosin nagant

thank you in advance for your recommendations

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
Not sure to be honest, allot of shop owners near me, seem to want to always ship the gun to manufacturer for things.

Most send it out to PowerRiverPrecision for trigger work / install.
Link

and ajamesp51 on here for any other modifications / sights and etc.
LINK

Hope this helps - again, I saw lots of views and maybe their experience is the same as mine. (Don't know of local GunSmiths)

·
Registered
62 Posts
This is more north central florida and actually an hour and half drive from me... But Daddy's Gun Shop in Mayo is the gunsmith I use.
I dont know how far that is from you, his prices are very reasonable and his work is worth the drive.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Central Florida is a big place, can you narrow it down some

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Central Florida is a big place, can you narrow it down some
well i live in the orlando/altamonte springs/lake mary area. but i have no problems driving an hour or two in any direction to get quality work done without having to wait a few days both ways on mailing my gun someplace.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Bringing this thread back from the dead. I too am in search of a reliable gunsmith in the Orlando, Altamonte, Sanford, Lake Mary, Daytona area. Would letting the 'Florida Gun Exchange' store gunsmith be advised or going to a Shoot-Straight :lol: or finding a local mom n' pop gun store/smith. I want to get a couple trigger kits installed as well as polishing done on some of my xd's. Any info is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
You also have Gander, Southern Guns in Longwood and Shoot Straight in Apopka.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I contacted shoot straight Casselberry. They quoted me $100 for install trigger and polish the internals. And they're only 15 minutes from me. All the others are pretty far.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey guys i know we have a lot of FL owners here. would anyone be able to suggest a store/gunsmith in central FL to have some work done on my XDm?

i'd like to get my trigger job done by a pro
i also have some work i would like done to my mosin nagant

thank you in advance for your recommendations
HNR Gunworks is your full-service custom gunsmith shop offering everything from minor repairs and maintenance to custom gun work, including machine work, lathe work, and refinishing. Inverness, Fl

1 - 11 of 11 Posts