Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend is thinking about picking up a SKS at the next gunshow. Which is better the Chinese or Yugoslavian? Neither one of us are know much about them. Also what's a reasonable price?

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
There isn't too much difference... but I think the Chinese stock in shorter... Feels like your shooting a youth size..

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
If you can find a Chinese for 250 or less get it. Chinese are much better than the yugos imho

·
Registered
671 Posts
Ive tried both...I like the yugo better..seems abit more solid. The chinese (norinco i guess?) is okay...but they seem to jam a bit.
If you can get a 59/66 yugo...get it. They used to go for a song, but excellent condition ones i've seen go for $250.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
One more vote for the Yugo. IMO they are more solid as allready stated, I've seen both slam fire but I've seen more of the norinco than yugo do it and the only time I seen the yugo slam fire was owned by a guy who didn't think he had to clean it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I went with the norinco

·
Registered
5 Posts
Norinco are chrome lined Yugos aren't. I've seen quite a few yugos that the bores are pretty dark from their(Yugo) corrosive ammo. If you find a like new Yugo with a nice bore you will probably like it better than the chinese in my own opinion.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
I just got a yugo and can't be happier the stock is in great shape ,Blueing is about 95% has flip up nite sights paid $219.00 working on a friends Norinco and it just doesn't feel like it's put together well, just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
210 Posts
get the chinese there cheaper and then go buy a folding stock for it.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I own two Norinco's and have been very happy with them both. At the same time I would not hesitate to own a Yugo either, all SKS's are basically the same. The slamfire issue mentioned is usually due to the firing pin channel not being properly cleaned. The buildup of cosmoline will cause the firing pin to stick and thats where the slamfires come from. I have never personally had a slamfire in either of my Norinco's.

-Derek

1 - 11 of 11 Posts