Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to a new sporting good store the other day.Its one of those big fancy joints went to the handguns.This guy that was looking around he ask me if i had any handguns i gave him a big HELL YEA! He said he was looking for a 9mm or a 40cal to keep in his desk at his office.I told him i pefered a 40 cal for self def but he could get a 9mm that held more ammo and if he got one he should read the owner man and shoot it at a range often and keep it clean.I told him i had an XD 40 and enjoy shooting it.He ask me if it was a better gun than a glock.I told him no but it was as good a gun as glock but i liked the trigger better than glock and i shot one better than a glock 23 i once owned.This big FAT SLOB behind the counter walked up and said that he dosent ever see the XD surpassing a glock.OH yea he was wearing a XD HAT.This kinda pissed me off but i played it cool and told the guy he should rent the guns and try them out and see which one he liked best .Then i told him with a big old grin about the gunshop with a indoor range about 18 miles away that rented em both.He said oh yea thanks im going down and check them out.I looked over at fat boy and said see ya later Big Daddy.He said Thanks a lot Buddy you just lost me a sale .I grinned and said yea sure did now why dont you take that hat off and dont be a prick and walked out.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
Yup, shouldnt have been a jack ass :)

·
Registered
323 Posts
I'm glad you're on OUR team!!! Way to go! The salesman should've been a little more cautious in expressing his opinion. Gun owners are very devout to their brand....and we're sticking to it! Dammit!

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Almost every gun shop salesman I ever met was a complete jack-ass. In my town, if the wrong guy is working the counter I walk out. There is only one guy in the place worth my time or $ and if he ain't there it's no sale. :evil:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Try visiting some gun shops in New Jersey, some of these guys redefine the meaning of prick.
It took me a long time to find a shop that I'am treated like a valued customer by all on the other side of the counter. The one shop...(and go figure, the one closest to home)....used to have nothing but pricks behind the counter, after the owners of this shop realised that these guys were costing them sales, they had a big turn over in counter help, now most of the guys in there are pretty cool to deal with. Unfortunitely their prices are the highest around.

I drive to a shop that's 40+ miles away to do most of my business now days, I like these guys, and they appreciate my business....the way things are supposed to work......

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
It's like that here as well. What really burns my ass is when "jerk" is workin, and is always rude with me, but as soon as someone else he knows comes in he's a totally different person. I don't understand it. He'll go from bein a nice guy to whoever , then right back to bein a prick to me.
I've started looking elsewhere for my sporting goods.
It's pretty sad when ya can get better customer service from some internet store such as Pistol-Gear.com....and you never even see the person.

·
Registered
81 Posts
You need to move to Tulsa, OK. We have a large shop here called Sports World. It's a family owned business and they appreciate their customers. I've bought several guns from them and they not only treat me well but they have some of the best prices in the area. They also do special orders for me from Brownell's so I don't have to pay shipping.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Some of our local stores are run by idiots that will tell customers anything to sell a gun and some will tell a customer the truth.

I saw one counterperson try to sell a guy this sporterized 03 Springfield that I had looked at earlier and kindly told this counterperson about "low-numbered" 03 Springfield rifles...of which this sporter was built on.

The guy blew me off or did not believe me and proceeded to try to sell it to a customer that came in a few minutes later, while I was looking at another counter.

Asshole...I wouldn't fire that thing from behind a brick wall with a string.

Luckily the customer did not buy the low-numbered sporterized Springfield, or I was going to step in and tell him about low-numbered 03s, before he bought something that could possibly injure him really bad. Screw the salesman's comission or whatever...he should not be selling somebody a possible grenade.

-Brickboy240

·
Registered
212 Posts
About the only place I buy from is Vances Shooting Supply here in Columbus. Great bunch of guys and good prices. I've looked at our Gander Mountain and the guys have been really nice there. However, I always find the better deal at Vances.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Vances IS great on prices and they do know what they are talking about.
However, no range. The Powder Room in Powell is not that far away and they have a range AND they give you free range time if you buy a gun. Good guys and friendly althought their prices are a bit higher.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Here in Omaha, NE most of the gunshop people are very nice. I just bought my first handgun a few weeks ago, XD9 of course, and everyone I talked to was extremely helpful. In the end I got it at Bellevue Gun and Supply because they were the most helpful and had competitive prices.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
My local gunshop is friendly, well informed and stocked with most the major brands. They do not push any gun more then another and are quite willing to discuss the pros and cons of one model versus another in a professional manner. They do not "push' guns on people who are unsure like some places do.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
teh reason I purchased my XD was because the guy behind the counter recomended it to me. I didn't know much about guns and didn't even know the XD existed. I guess I got the "anti-gunshop asshole" at the gunshop. Have had nothing but great experiences with htem too. Nothing feels as good as walking into your gunshop to pick up something you order from them over teh phone, and they say, "Hey, your John, we have something for you behind the counter." Thats great gunshop customer service!

·
Registered
416 Posts
BigA said:
Went to a new sporting good store the other day.Its one of those big fancy joints went to the handguns.This guy that was looking around he ask me if i had any handguns i gave him a big HELL YEA! He said he was looking for a 9mm or a 40cal to keep in his desk at his office.I told him i pefered a 40 cal for self def but he could get a 9mm that held more ammo and if he got one he should read the owner man and shoot it at a range often and keep it clean.I told him i had an XD 40 and enjoy shooting it.He ask me if it was a better gun than a glock.I told him no but it was as good a gun as glock but i liked the trigger better than glock and i shot one better than a glock 23 i once owned.This big FAT SLOB behind the counter walked up and said that he dosent ever see the XD surpassing a glock.OH yea he was wearing a XD HAT.This kinda pissed me off but i played it cool and told the guy he should rent the guns and try them out and see which one he liked best .Then i told him with a big old grin about the gunshop with a indoor range about 18 miles away that rented em both.He said oh yea thanks im going down and check them out.I looked over at fat boy and said see ya later Big Daddy.He said Thanks a lot Buddy you just lost me a sale .I grinned and said yea sure did now why dont you take that hat off and dont be a prick and walked out.

BigA,
Ask your attorney to tell you about "malicious interference" & explain to you what liability you may have in Tennessee.

·
Registered
212 Posts
captainbob said:
Vances IS great on prices and they do know what they are talking about.
However, no range. The Powder Room in Powell is not that far away and they have a range AND they give you free range time if you buy a gun. Good guys and friendly althought their prices are a bit higher.
New Albany gives range time with a gun purchases also. Most of the guys are nice but I've run into a few pricks. Thats where I took my ccw classes too.

The Power Room is ok. The guys are nice. The range is kind of dirty but it's cheap to shoot there. And yes, the prices are kind of high for firearms.

I would like to try the new range in Deleware. I've heard it's really nice.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts