Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Looking for guns that have similar or same grip angle of the XD, no other attributes matter.

If you have any suggestions please post.

Thanks

·
Registered
480 Posts
The XD probably has one of the most ergonomically contoured grip that's why it's well liked by many.

As far as comparing my XD9 service with some of the pistols I shot before... not including 1911 one's of course... I say maybe a Sig P229 is also as comfortable but not comparable to my XD9.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The XD probably has one of the most ergonomically contoured grip that's why it's well liked by many.

As far as comparing my XD9 service with some of the pistols I shot before... not including 1911 one's of course... I say maybe a Sig P229 is also as comfortable but not comparable to my XD9.
Would you say a 1911 style would be closer than the 229?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Would you say a 1911 style would be closer than the 229?
The 1911 style is more comfortable and has better overall ergonomics for me.

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
the XD is similar to 1911 grip angle, that's one thing I liked about the XD

if you want a cheap shooter at similar angle, the Ruger 22/45 is styled after 1911

the 1911 has been around far too long to be compared to anything, others compare to it IMHO

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I wanted to get some suggestions without telling my end use for the info. What I'm looking for is an Airsoft trainer for practicing transitions in my garage and I wanted something as close as possible to my XD, cause we all know there's no XD Airsoft.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
My Beretta 92F fits my hand just as well as my XDM 9

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
CZ 75B and probably more.
Kahr's CW,CM, PM series
I believe most Bersa's

All my pistols except for the KT p3at have the 1911 grip angle, or very close to it. Grip angle is the main reason I never bought a Glock. I know there good guns,but the grip angle just does not work for me.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Cz75, M&P, HK, Beretta Vertec, S&W 5903/5904/ etc...

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
In terms of size, angle, and contour, the grip on my XDm is so close to than on my Sig P239 that I believe that the grip on the XDm was copied from the P239, the only notable difference is that the grip on the XDm is a good bit longer. BTW, that's with the medium grip insert, so it's pretty safe to say the original XD was copied from the Sig.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Sig 239 is a short single stack (i have 2), obviously the XD is thicker double stack that won't meet his needs.

Sportsmans has an M&P copy for under $40

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've been looking at a couple different 1911 style gas guns and asked for input on the airsoft side of things in the Enos forum. I compared a cheapie 1911 airsoft dug out of the closet to my XD and it's surprisingly close in dimensions.

·
Registered
734 Posts
The XD probably has one of the most ergonomically contoured grip.../QUOTE]

I disagree. I sold my XD's after handling a CZ. CZ's also shoot better.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Sig 239 is a short single stack (i have 2), obviously the XD is thicker double stack that won't meet his needs.

Sportsmans has an M&P copy for under $40
Have you ever put calipers to the grip on the P239 and the XDm/XD? I have. Try it sometime, the grip on my P239 and XDm are within 0.015 inch in width. It's one advantage for the polymer pistols, they can fit a double stack magazine into the profile of a single stack metal framed pistol grip.

As I stated previously, I do believe that the grip contour of the XD was copied frm the P239, even the flat front face of the grip. About the only notable difference is the corners on the XD grip are rounded enough to not "bite" like the sharp edges on the front strap on the P239.

BTW, I got tired of that "bite" from the P239 and it now has the rubber Hogue Combat grips on it. Love the way if feels, the extra traction that rubber provides, and the way it shoots.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The XD probably has one of the most ergonomically contoured grip.../QUOTE]

I disagree. I sold my XD's after handling a CZ. CZ's also shoot better.
It's a tough hair to split. I have both a XDM and a CZ and both feel like they are made for my hand. Very comfortable, natural point and shooters. Still breaking in the trigger on the CZ and getting used to the longer sight radius, so my accuracy is not quite up to where I am on the XDM. I have no doubt things will soon change. Both are great firearms so far.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I took this pic a while back with some of my most common pistols to compare grip angles. I also measured each angle with a protractor.

Left column:
G19
XD9
Sig P228

Right column:
P-08
P-38

Top is a Ruger 22-45.

Hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts