Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
I am disappointed. Another 9mm. I was hoping for a single stack .45 ACP.

·
Banned
38,920 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
It is nice that Springfield is moving in a positive direction.

but

they could have moved the cocking serrations to the middle, or just eliminated them altogether.
no need to grab a hot barrel on a coffin cut:evil:

nothing special for the frame?
same ccrappy grip.

All of the standard XD(M) features are present on the 5.25. It has the extremely short reset (I have measured this at .1 inches), the crisp and clean trigger pull with no drag
will we still need to do a trigger job?
since this is a proposed comp gun, no specs on this?

I guess they still are not listening.
How about some extra mags > or a real UpLULA??? they can keep the XD gear

I already have more than I want now that will NEVER get used.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
*yawn*

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
Yea, well,
I saw one and held it at Cabelas, about an hour ago ..... And for $1399 :shock:, SA can keep the damn thing, FOREVER !!!

·
Registered
620 Posts
If they were looking to make a "most extreme" version of the XDm line, they should have ported the barrel and put a larger magwel in the grip. They sights look good, but its odd that you can't change them.

When they first introduced the XDm line it was a 9mm version that was supposed to be for competition... so it seems odd that they are now releasing this version as the comp version. Other manufacturers are dialing in on the CCW market, so it is strange that Springfield is ignoring the crowd of people that want small single stack 9mm and 380 pistols.

A slim 45acp pocket gun would have truly changed what you might think a polymer pistol could be.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I like the looks of it, but not the price. I also was hoping for a single stack. I don't thing they care going to get the "bang" for the buck they were hoping for.

RJ

·
Banned
38,920 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
SO-so first review. (referring to the linked article). Not a competition shooter myself but interested in the technical design aspects. The writer did not seem to grasp the idea for testing inherent accuracy of the pistol instead of his shooting skill. As this is now a competition designed pistol starting from a combat design origin, will be waiting for some information about slide/rail fit. More about the trigger. Will SA have different triggers or guide rod weights that would be available as normal 'stock' XDm 5.25 parts (don't some competition category rules allow 'stock' parts replacement mods?) How about barrel fit-up, give me some dimensions or at least comparisons. Polished internals stock or still DYI? Any internal differences or just use any old XDm parts inside? An expanded magwell would seem a no brainer, unless it was overlooked in the review or SA figured there were already aftermarket magwells that fit an XDm grip so keep it the same. Permanent sights, adjustable or not is questionable as a 'feature' improvement. Any manufacturing or assembly fit tolerance improvements for competition?
Anyway, I was totally wrong on my guess as what the new XDm release was going to be, so still waiting for the XDm45 in 3.8 compact. Didn't want one of those myself either, but did think it would be a logical next release.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Man everyone is "up in arms" (I know right?) about this new gun. I say good for SA for making the gun they want to make. It's not for everybody, but they knew that when they made it. I for one wanted a single stack 9mm but I am glad the bean counters at SA let them make the gun they wanted. I would bet the next gun in line will probably be something for the average gun owner rather than competitors. So, let the wait continue.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts