Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, so this weekend is the Gun Show here in San Antonio. Im heading out for the first time since I joined the military back in 05 lol

My question is, is this a good place to look for ammo? As far as price wise. I already made the determination its prob best if I stay away from one shot reloads.
Should I just order online?

What is it you usually go to the Gun Show for?

Ill prob pick up a couple new knifes and see what type of gear they have, hopefully some extra XDm mags.

·
Registered
68 Posts
You really have to hunt to find bargains for anything at Gun Shows today.
Dont forget to add Parking $5 and Door $10

The last show I went to, one seller was 2-3$ higher than Walmart.

·
Registered
127 Posts
the shows are good if you know the prices sometimes good sometime bad just research what you want or check the online prices on the old phone. I found some good gun prices but normally the ammo seems a little high compared to what i can find online even considering shipping.

·
Registered
86 Posts
1. Decide what ammo you want
2. Check current best prices on ammoengine.com
3. Buy at the gun show if it's cheaper
4. If not cheaper, marvel at the crop of weirdos and call it entertainment

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool thanks guys. I will def do some research before hand and see what I can come up with. If not at least I will know if its even worth returning to next month :p

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hey everyone, so this weekend is the Gun Show here in San Antonio. Im heading out for the first time since I joined the military back in 05 lol

What is it you usually go to the Gun Show for?
The last one I went to, I brought home an S&W M&P 45 compact. That's why I went. My XD45 compact needed a partner.:)

·
Registered
105 Posts
gun shows are a good place to find new guns. thats where youre able to hagle a little... now as far as bullets go... every vendor i've ever seen have all been over-priced. i would find a store or online where they sell good ammo.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok cool guys, thanks.
Looks like I may keep my ammo to online shopping.

Im hoping to come across a Mosin Nagant for a nice price.

·
Registered
464 Posts
As stated before, It is real hard to find deals on anything at a gun show. but I go to look just for fun, and if by chance I see a deal I cant pass up.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
If Georgia Arms is there, they usually have good prices. As someone else said, remember to factor in parking (usually $5) and entrance fee (usually from $6.50-$10) to your purchase price. Occasionally you will find that rare special deal, but you gotta know what you're looking for, what it's really worth, and what you're willing to pay and stick to that last. The last couple of shows I've been to in SC were good for fondling and window shopping, but I didn't see any real steals.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts