1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to a gun show today and the prices were insane

DPMS uppers priced as much as a complete DPMS rifle
Lowers anywhere from $500-$650
Pmags $35
Used glocks for $600

And the entry fee went up to $15

Did get a little poetic justice took some stocks with me to sell and one vendor asked what I had so I pulled it out and showed him when he asked how much I looked around his table (he had one of the $625 DPMS lowers) so I told him $550 and he was like are you craze msrp is only $265 I said yea I know and msrp on a complete lower is only $280, he said yea but it's supply and demand, I told him that maybe he should go a head and try and order one online and walked away leaving him standing there with a dumb look on his face

Guess we are suppose to surrender to their gouging and give them good deals on our stuff so they can turn around and gouge someone else

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
**** every damn one of them. Seriously, But anyone who buys that crap at the price is even more of a ***.

·
Premium Member
2,737 Posts
Wow.

Just got a lower on Gunbroker last week, $170 incl shipping. I didn't feel good about paying that price at the time, but now I feel a bit better about it. :)

The upper is on backorder but supposedly a couple weeks away.

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
I dont even want to know, we have a gun show here this weekend and I made a stand and said I was not going. It is killing me because I always go to all the gun shows. But I need to be good and save money.

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
I wanted to go to the local show this morning but didn't.
Maybe I should have went for a good laugh. :lol:

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was worth the price of admission to leave that scum bag standing there with that dumb look on his face
I actually did pretty good I sold 4 CTRs 2 ubrs 3 bolts and a couple of mounts only took a beating on one UBR sold it to marshal luden with TDSA for $245 + a free T-shirt

But that was only because marshal is such a bad a$$. He has ARs that put everything we own to shame and when he shoots he is a machine he had one AR that he has almost $10k invested in

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I wanted to go to one today as well. My bud had to work, so I stayed home....probably for the best, too. This dang BRD I have is getting to me, but I don't want to pay 450-500 bucks for a 290-320 buck lower.:-x

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
i havent even bothered to go to the gun shows lately, i would only go if i had something to sell. if you sell stuff at a good price i bet you would be able to sell everything you had very quickly

·
Super Moderator
3,145 Posts
The gun show I went to last weekend went up in admission and anything black and semi-evil looking was marked up 50%. AK mags 20-30 bucks up from 15 three gun shows ago, PMAGs 25 bucks up from 15 three shows ago, AK's thru the roof the only thing that stayed the same price were the mosin's, might be time to invest in another two or three of those. :lol:

·
Registered
182 Posts
The last gun show I went to had a factory Hi-Point 995 9mm carbine for.... $350.

We won't even get into the AR15 prices....

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
I dont even want to know, we have a gun show here this weekend and I made a stand and said I was not going. It is killing me because I always go to all the gun shows. But I need to be good and save money.
I didn't go to the one in Ashland neither, but there is one in Charleston next week I think I am going to check out just for the hell of it.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
The one around here had to send people away - it was over packed!

My father in law wants to buy a gun - he wants me to take him to a gun show, I told him we would be better off going to the local gun shop - the way gun show pricing is he's not going to get it any cheaper, and your less likely to run into nut jobs:rolleyes:

·
Registered
171 Posts
The one around here had to send people away - it was over packed!

My father in law wants to buy a gun - he wants me to take him to a gun show, I told him we would be better off going to the local gun shop - the way gun show pricing is he's not going to get it any cheaper, and your less likely to run into nut jobs:rolleyes:
Think of the experience . . . Kooks! Guns! Bullets! Examples of who to defend yourself from . . .

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
The show in town last weekend was also pretty ridiculous. EVERYTHING was marked up. Not just AR stuff. I did manage to get some 45ACP 230gr bullets for a good price though.

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
I saw a lot of AR's yesterday for over $2K. I wanted to laugh, well actually I did laugh. Magpul was selling PMAGS for $17 (no black) so I picked up a few in foliage green. I don't think I have ever seen it that packed.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I saw the reverse of high pricing at my local gunshow this weekend. I was checking out a NIB Sig 556 SWAT with folding CTR stock, vertical fore grip light system, other accessories, and an included new EOtech. The young salesman was in the process of putting price lables on the guns at his table. The price was $1,999, which is the going rate for the SWAT model alone (sans optic). I thought that was a very good price, but did not buy as I am not in the market for a Sig 556. At home I looked up the sellers web site and the price was $2,999 for the same configuration, which is a very high price.

So the gun was mislabled. I should have snapped it up.

Correction: I went back to the gunshow today and the $2,999 price was for another highly accessorized Sig 556 with all the bells and whistles. I read the price tag wrong on the $1,999 Sig 556 (with CTR folding stock and quad rail) which had the EOTech mounted and without the SWAT vert foregrip, but the tag said $1,999 w/o EOTech. So it was not such great deal after all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The gunshow in Denver was so packed the fire marshall came and kicked people out, then it was 2 in 2 out for the rest of the day. The line was like a mile long to get in. One of my dealers told me that the background check was taking 7 days, (normally it takes about 20 minutes)

·
Banned
7,749 Posts
But that was only because marshal is such a bad a$$. He has ARs that put everything we own to shame and when he shoots he is a machine he had one AR that he has almost $10k invested in
Bada$$ or not why put $10k into one AR????? Can't seem to wrap my mind around that idea.

Now, if you said he put $10k into 5-6 AR's then I'd probably say good on him.

·
Banned
7,749 Posts
Went to a gun show today and the prices were insane

And the entry fee went up to $15
The gun show I went to last weekend went up in admission and anything black and semi-evil looking was marked up 50%.
The show in town last weekend was also pretty ridiculous. EVERYTHING was marked up. Not just AR stuff.
I saw a lot of AR's yesterday for over $2K. I wanted to laugh, well actually I did laugh.
The gunshow in Denver was so packed the fire marshall came and kicked people out, then it was 2 in 2 out for the rest of the day. The line was like a mile long to get in. One of my dealers told me that the background check was taking 7 days, (normally it takes about 20 minutes)
Gun shows were the topic of conversation here about 8-10 months ago. I'll reiterate what I was saying then because it rings especially true now ... gun shows are good for one thing: looking to see what is out there and in most cases being able to get your hands on it. Otherwise, gun shows are a friggin waste of time. With that said, somebody must be spending money because I see the same dufus douche bags come back to the same shows time after time and their attitude and their salesmanship suck. I've passed on the last 5 gun shows that have been in my area .... guess that makes about 2.5 years now. With the gun/ammo psychomania of late who needs salesmanship/people skills ..... :(.

Kind of ironic that there is better customer service on the internet than from someone in person. You would think a guy at a gun show would be able to and want to sell a gun to even a seasoned gun owner by saying things like "I'll include the chrome lined bore for free" just to get a reaction and a conversation going. Instead, most of the time it's some DF sitting behind the table picking boogers and wondering what flavor it will be.

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
I didn't go to the one in Ashland neither, but there is one in Charleston next week I think I am going to check out just for the hell of it.
I went to the one in Ashland last weekend; you didn't miss much. I bought a case for my CX4, but the gun prices were nuts. I saw M-1 carbines for $800, Hi-Point pistols for $300.... just plain nutz!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts