Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been slowly turning into a J-frame fan; they are nice, reliable, compact guns, and amazingly accurate for what they are.

I've been pocket carrying an early M36, but found when I started practicing my draws...if I started to speed up the hammer hooks the pocket...no good...no good at all. So, we need something without that hammer.

I don't care for 442/642; mainly because of their lawyer-proofed triggers, but also because when I load a revolver for carry, I will slightly thumb back the hammer and spin the cylinder; this will let me know if Mr. Murphy has decided to play with me and slip in a high primer that would bind the cylinder. I don't like the idea of having to press the trigger on a -42 series in order to do that (or on an LCR, for that matter).

And.. I like my J-frames to be all steel. 50-100 round range sessions are a hell of a lot more pleasant than having a lightweight revolver beating my hand to crap after a couple of cylinders.

So: I've been looking for the original Bodyguard series--the model 49's, or the later 649...and lo and behold, at the very first dealer table I stopped at today, was...

649, no dash, .38, tight lock up, no lock...I did what I rarely do at gun shows.

Bought something before seeing if I could find a better deal on one at another table (I did...but it wasn't as nice, and was only $20 less...).

Range day tomorrow!

·
Registered
9,649 Posts
Very nice Cuda!

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Nice! I've been looking at a beater j frame to throw in my center console and keep there.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Nice Cuda, love the J frame.

·
Premium Member
127,986 Posts
Nice find!

·
Banned
20,993 Posts
Good find!!

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Atta boy.

Sigh. I still want a classic blued 36.

And an old Colt detective special. Time to browse gunbroker for window shopping...

I can probably score a 36 reasonably. No one but us guys who fancy old blued revolvers and collectors are after them. I don't need a perfect one, cylinder drag marks are fine as I'd be shooting it anyway.

·
Registered
29,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Atta boy.

Sigh. I still want a classic blued 36.

And an old Colt detective special. Time to browse gunbroker for window shopping...

I can probably score a 36 reasonably. No one but us guys who fancy old blued revolvers and collectors are after them. I don't need a perfect one, cylinder drag marks are fine as I'd be shooting it anyway.
You mean like this one?

Or like this 3" 36-1...

What I want now is an old model 30 in .32, and a model 60 no dash. A "Terrier" (Model 32, .38 S&W) would be kinda cool, too.

Maybe a model 34 or 35, as well...:D

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
I gotta have the snubby Chiefs Special. And an old school leather clip on owb.

It goes good with fedoras when I wanna pretend I'm Joe Friday.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Congrats! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts