Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a gun show this past weekend looking for an upper for my Stag lower. There was a guy there who had a whole table full of M-4s with LMG flat top lowers with Delton 16" uppers and 4 pos stock, selling the for $605 (including tax). Seemed like a good deal to me, so I bought one. I wish I'd gottn 2 or 3. I took it out to a range Sunday after church and put about 500 rnds through it. It shot great. I put a cheap red dot on it, sighted it in and it's dead on accurate at 75yds with the red dot and nails at a 100yds with the BUIS I stuck on. I'd attach pics, but it looks like every other standard M-4.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Not a bad deal at all. You'd certainly be hard-presses to build one for that cheap.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, now I have a lower (with a LPK installed) just sitting around waiting on an upper. I think I may take my time and get a 20+" heavy barrel for the lower I have now. Make a varmint gun out of it.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Yeah, now I have a lower (with a LPK installed) just sitting around waiting on an upper. I think I may take my time and get a 20+" heavy barrel for the lower I have now. Make a varmint gun out of it.
Or a 6.5 Grendel...or a 458 SOCOM...or a 50 Beowulf!!! :shock: The options are endless and the disease is incurable!!! Oh well, I'm off to build a new rifle now!!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I was at a gun show this past weekend looking for an upper for my Stag lower. There was a guy there who had a whole table full of M-4s with LMG flat top lowers with Delton 16" uppers and 4 pos stock, selling the for $605 (including tax). Seemed like a good deal to me, so I bought one. I wish I'd gottn 2 or 3. I took it out to a range Sunday after church and put about 500 rnds through it. It shot great. I put a cheap red dot on it, sighted it in and it's dead on accurate at 75yds with the red dot and nails at a 100yds with the BUIS I stuck on. I'd attach pics, but it looks like every other standard M-4.
i am not familiar with a LMG flat Top Lower, What exactly is that.

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts
i am not familiar with a LMG flat Top Lower, What exactly is that.
Light Machine Gun?

Maybe he meant LMT as in Lewis Machine & Tool.

Flat top lower? I just caught that... :lol:

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
what the hell is a "LMG flat top lowers" lol im sure it was just a typo but i was just wondering.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Gotta be LMT.
but what is a flat top lower? the LMG got me wondering if their is something new out there that i haven't heard of before especially since everyone just rolled right along. though maybe while i took a nap today someone invented something new and they didn't put it in G&A

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow, it was a typo of sorts. I added the "flat top" after I had typed part of the original post, meant to put it after the upper portion and apparently put it in the wrong place accidentally. I certainly didn't mean to cause such heartburn for everyone. My apologies for upsetting the masses, I prostrate myself before your perfection. :rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts