Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to a gun show yesterday and found a NIB XD9 Service model w/ 2 hi-cap mags the guy was going to give me for $400 out the door. By the time I calmed my wife down, went to an ATM and came back, someone else was already filling out the paperwork. I was kicking myself all day!!!

A local gun shop has the same package (2 hi-cap mags) but with factory installed Trijicon night sights for $499 + tax. I have no experience with night sights, but see that factory installed they go for around $100 more than stock.

Is this something I should jump at?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
That sucks. They will usually hold it for you for a short amount of time, shoulda asked.

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts
two words. . . Down Payment

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
wow, that sucks.

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Frankly, the white dot paint that springfield is using on the sights these days is crap ass. The new XD I just got to use as production? Yeah, the rear right dot is already coming off. Just so you know, im not super-wearing the handgun. 250 rounds through the pipe since I cracked the box, just a couple range trips, no carry, no particular heavy duty cleaning.

I personally like trijicon sights because of the saphire lens setup and the seal on the sights. I have yet to encounter a single story (that could be verified) of trijicon sights breaking up from slight impact or anything of that nature.

My father in law is a career LEO, who has turned down several firearms trainer offers to stay a criminal investigator for the state, he highly recommends them as well and has them installed on his own Beretta 96.

I dont claim to be any kind of expert or anything but I have never heard a single reason not to get them, and a hundred for why to. I definitely will be upgrading the new XD when my wife recovers from the purchase.

Trying to decide if I want to go with trijicon or if I want to go with color-variation ameriglo sights.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I want to get some type of night sights. I think WFrazee has just sold me on Trijicons.

Are these difficult to install? If I need to have a gunsmith do it, how much does that kind of service usually run?

-James

·
Registered
885 Posts
Meta4 said:
Are these difficult to install? If I need to have a gunsmith do it, how much does that kind of service usually run?

-James
Sometimes they are tough to remove/replace. It's best to have a gunsmith do it, if you don't have the proper tools. Most seem to charge $20~$30 for the whole job. There might be a discount on install if you purchase the sights through the gunsmith. Call some and ask.

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
+1+1 on Ajames. I just sent two slides for
DuroCoat and new TruGlo TFOs.

Ed

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No one's pushing me to grab the XD9 w/ Trijicon Night Sights for $499? I've shot the Glock 17, and am enrolled in a Handgun course for this weekend in which they'll let me try out a Glock 19. Figured I'll make my final decision after that, although the XD has been #1 in my eyes for awhile now.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Run don't walk and get it, thats a good deal w/nights!! And yes consider this a push.

·
Registered
91 Posts
wfrazee said:
Frankly, the white dot paint that springfield is using on the sights these days is crap ass.

I use one of those whiteout pens to fill my front site occasionally. It works great, brightening over the dirty site that is already though. I dont bother with the rear sites.. i like the front standing out.

·
Registered
141 Posts
That sucks. They will usually hold it for you for a short amount of time, shoulda asked.
Don't count on it. Most of the legit sellers I know got tired of the goobers running around the gun shows saying "Hey, can you hold it a sec while I think about it" and then losing out on a cash buyer waiting on someone who never shows up again. You want to buy a gun? Have some form of payment ready. You want someone to hold a gun? Be prepared to ante up some cash to show some good faith. Otherwise, don't be suprised if they smile, put the gun back on the table, and tell you "No."

Brad

1 - 15 of 15 Posts