Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many people have gun rooms or man caves they use to clean/work on there guns. Pitures if possible :D

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
A guy at work once said "man caves are for men who don't have permission to run his ENTIRE house"
Sorry. I clean my guns in the garage (work bench).

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
A guy at work once said "man caves are for men who don't have permission to run his ENTIRE house"
i dont believe it.
i like that my living room is clean, and the colors all match, and i do what i can to allow my fiance to keep it that way by keeping most of my greasy work in the garage.

i have rewired electronics (complete with soldering smoke) wile sitting with the lady as we watched tv.
i have stripped the paint of the engine cover of my bike on the living room floor.
i have ground down the trigger catch on my mosin at my computer desk wile watching youtube videos.
i dont think "the woman owns the house" but i do think it is easier for her to keep it comfortable for us if i keep the dirty stuff in the dirty place.
i would totally have a man cave if i could afford it.

but alas. the closest thing i have to a man cave is a dirty garage.
motorcycles in pieces all over the floor, compressor in the corner, tools line one wall, parts line the other, ammo press in a box stashed under the bicycles, and of course, washer and dryer in the corner meaning the woman has to trudge through all my mess to do laundry.
i still havnt put away the powder coating gun that i havnt used in about 3 weeks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a man cave to put my model cars, car posters, guns stuff, magazines, and my tools. Also she has her room I have mine but at end of day we both sleep in the same bed we'll kinda. I work thirds she works first. We have a 3 bedroom house with no garage and no kids.

·
Banned
0 Posts
I have my own dedicated room that I am in the process of building a hidden book shelf door to keep it incognito.

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
I use my breezeway as a reloading and fab shop...though an awful lot of stuff ends up on the dining room table :grin:

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
How many people have gun rooms or man caves they use to clean/work on there guns. Pitures if possible :D
Please include your home address, your gun inventory, the hours you will not be home, and the alarm keycode. Thanks.

geez.

this is like those Homeland Security "show us your guns" threads....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not going that far I just want ideas for my room.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
my brothers old bedroom is where i clean my guns...

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Please include your home address, your gun inventory, the hours you will not be home, and the alarm keycode. Thanks.

geez.

this is like those Homeland Security "show us your guns" threads....
Seriously?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
i dont believe it.
i like that my living room is clean, and the colors all match, and i do what i can to allow my fiance to keep it that way by keeping most of my greasy work in the garage.

i have rewired electronics (complete with soldering smoke) wile sitting with the lady as we watched tv.
i have stripped the paint of the engine cover of my bike on the living room floor.
i have ground down the trigger catch on my mosin at my computer desk wile watching youtube videos.
i dont think "the woman owns the house" but i do think it is easier for her to keep it comfortable for us if i keep the dirty stuff in the dirty place.
i would totally have a man cave if i could afford it.

but alas. the closest thing i have to a man cave is a dirty garage.
motorcycles in pieces all over the floor, compressor in the corner, tools line one wall, parts line the other, ammo press in a box stashed under the bicycles, and of course, washer and dryer in the corner meaning the woman has to trudge through all my mess to do laundry.
i still havnt put away the powder coating gun that i havnt used in about 3 weeks

Hell I striped and customized my Win 1200 in the dinning room of my old apt. I now have a complete room just for the gun and hiking gear

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Hell I striped and customized my Win 1200 in the dinning room of my old apt. I now have a complete room just for the gun and hiking gear
I do as well. I have a cement enclosed room that was a utility room and now houses all my firearms, reload equipment and hiking gear. As for pictures... no way!

not because of any other reason than it is a huge mess! I'd be ashamed to post it at this point. But once I get it worked out and finish some shelving, I'll be happy to show it.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
my garage is a huge mess too.
i have problems taking progress pics of my motorcycle too.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
there was a time i (lived with another guy) had an engine stand in the living room where the coffee table would be so i could rebuild the engine wile i drank and watched tv.

these days, my house is too nice to eff it up.

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
I have a spare bedroom that I've turned into my "man room". It's basically just a room with a futon covered in body armor, my gun safe and ammo cabinet, a coat rack and closet with uniforms and a shelf full of miscellaneous work items. And a couple rifle cases in the corner.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
I've got a 12'x20' shed/workshop in the back yard with most of the comforts of home. That's where I clean my firearms. Spend most of the day(s) there anyway.

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
I have an office that is about 180 Sq feet that house my computer and the crates for my 3 dogs, ohhh and the gf has a small desk, once the garage is cleared out I have area for my work bench and I am contemplating converting our master retreat to gun safes and an art studio for the fiance. I have a 4 bedroom house with the office for the fiance, my 17yo and myself

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 27 Posts