Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

My wife and I are getting an XDM 9MM for Christmas (already under the tree). Haven't fired it yet, but we've both fired several of her father's several handguns, and both had small arms training years ago in USAF boot camp. We have a shotgun and a .22 rifle and are looking forward to spending a little time on the range.

I'm an aerospace engineering professor, and a motorcycle nut, with five bikes in the garage at the moment. If it were a few degrees warmer, at least one of them would be OUT of the garage right now!

Have enjoyed reading numerous threads on this forum already and looking forward to learning from the collective experience here.

Merry Christmas!
Chris
Blacksburg, Virginia

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Welcome from another motorcycle nut in East Texas.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Wecome to the forum! I live a little north of you straight up 81, near Harrisonburg.
I have 2 of the XDm 9mm's, and they are great!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Welcome to the forum Chris. I live about a half hour west of you in West Virginia. Good choice in guns, I think you'll really like it.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Welcome from Indiana! Just one XDM-9 for the both of you :?:.Looks like another XD in the near future!!:lol:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the warm welcomes. My wife & I are looking for a CCP class soon, and will probably add more guns after getting some good experience. We will also be shooting the .22 and the 12 gauge more often.

Still have to have time for the motorbikes, too :^}

Chris

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Chris24740 said:
Welcome to the forum Chris. I live about a half hour west of you in West Virginia. Good choice in guns, I think you'll really like it.
Chris, you've got a fantastic knife store close to you, New Grahams in Bluefield VA, but then you probably already know that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah I have been there a couple of times. Where do you shoot? You ever shoot at the range at Jefferson State Park? I was there last weekend and it is a pretty nice range.

·
Premium Member
3,194 Posts
Hello and welcome from Wisconsin

·
Premium Member
127,761 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Merry Christmas and welcome from Minnesota.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Welcome to the forum and I agree with other forum members motorcycles and XD's are a GREAT combo!!!!:cool:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts