Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boss took us out to celebrate Birthdays and someone starting talking about guns and having them at home for protection or something. Place was loud so I am not sure how we got on the topic. Everyone was chiming in with their 2¢ about having guns around kids at home or carry when you go out.....I was trying not to say anything more than if you have a gun know how to use it. Next thing I know boss lets out a broad statement, "OK just so everyone knows, no guns at the workplace". I was like Dangit. I have been carrying for three years now and here we go. PERFECT and thanks to whomever starting this frickin topic at lunch!

P.S. I am still going to carry. Workplace is in a bad area and I am not giving up my right to protect myself.

·
Premium Member
127,149 Posts
I wouldn't change my carry habits because of some jerk bringing about that comment.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Boss took us out to celebrate Birthdays and someone starting talking about guns and having them at home for protection or something. Place was loud so I am not sure how we got on the topic. Everyone was chiming in with their 2¢ about having guns around kids at home or carry when you go out.....I was trying not to say anything more than if you have a gun know how to use it. Next thing I know boss lets out a broad statement, "OK just so everyone knows, no guns at the workplace". I was like Dangit. I have been carrying for three years now and here we go. PERFECT and thanks to whomever starting this frickin topic at lunch!

P.S. I am still going to carry. Workplace is in a bad area and I am not giving up my right to protect myself.
Perhaps you didnt hear him due to the loud atmosphere. ;)

·
Registered
132 Posts
I don't know the laws where you live, but here in MT it is illegal to not allow concealed carry unless its already illegal to carry there (bars, banks, etc.)...he didn't know you were carrying before...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What he doesn't know won't hurt him.
That's my thoughts. The one time I may have to use it, God forbid, they will thank me. We had some joker 3 months ago at our back door trying to jimmy it with a knife. One co-worker saw this and alerted the rest of us. He saw me coming to the door (partially glass) and took off. I did not pursue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts