Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I live in arkansas I know I can't go to a gunshow in LA and buy a pistol, but does anyone know if I can buy a rifle and leave with it the same day.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
You'd have to do some research on Louisiana's gun laws regarding that. That is something that varies from state to state. For example, I live in TN, but over in North Carolina, they have a law which states that if a person from a state which borders NC wants to buy a long gun (shotgun or rifle) in NC then they can do so exactly as if they lived in NC. So I can buy a rifle in NC, and have done so in the past.

It really depends on each state. My guess would be for pistol, no you couldn't though.

edit for spelling

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
I bought a pistol in a shop outside New Orleans one summer on vacation and took it home to TX with no waits or restrictions at all. I believe AK is still part of "Free America" (like LA) and you should have no problems.

Check your laws to be 100%...but I think I am right.

- Brickboy240

PS: thank your lucky stars you still live in Free America...with Obama coming...we might all see the gun laws of the states in Occupied Amerika...unfortunately!

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Ummm...

It's against Federal law to purchase a handgun outside of your state of residence. If you reside in multiple states it is possible to purchase handguns in them however.

If you reside only in Arkansas and drive to Louisiana you can not legally purchase a handgun at the gun show. Any handgun you did purchase would have to be transferred to a dealer in Arkansas.

You should be able to purchase long guns such as shotguns or rifles interstate.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
I bought a pistol in a shop outside New Orleans one summer on vacation and took it home to TX with no waits or restrictions at all. I believe AK is still part of "Free America" (like LA) and you should have no problems.
AK is the abbreviation for Alaska.

You're thinking of AR :p

·
Registered
187 Posts
If you 'look' at apartments in the area prior to going to the gun show technicaly you are considering residence. That is enough if you can convince the seller. However this approach can probably land you in jail, since dumb laws get people in jail every day.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Ooops! Man..you can tell I am a tad hung over today and not all here! LOL

(Client Christmas parties...whew!)

I meant AR.

Since I own an AK and not an AR...thats probably a Freudian slip!

- Brickboy240

1 - 7 of 7 Posts