Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently use an Uncle Mike's Instructor's Belt to carry my XD40sc and use a Super Tuck holster. For what ever reason, my pants like to "droop" a little on my right side when I carry. I have the belt pulled pretty tight, and if I pull it any tighter, it's going to be really uncomfortable. What can I do to reduce the belt droop?

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
The ONLY time I don't have the "droop" is when I'm shooting USPSA and I have on my CR Speed belt. You have to have something super stiff like that or else it's just going to happen. Now I'm not going to wear my CR Speed belt every day, but my Uncle Mike's paddle holster keeps things in line pretty good with a simple leather belt.

·
Banned
5,690 Posts
I bought a Galco 1-1/2" gunbelt via the interwebs but when it came it was VERY THICK, far too thick to be comfortable to me and this was their 'style' belt! The belt was 0.28" thick and very stiff.

It was really well made and good looking but would not have looked or felt good for day to day CCW.

Now I'm going to wait until I can see the belt in person, try it on, make sure.

However, a belt like with the internal stiffener does solve all the problems of your gun sagging or peeling away from your body.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
I bought a 5.11 Tactical basketweave belt with internal stiffener about 4 months ago. It wore pretty quickly within the first few days and then stopped. Still looks the same as it did after a couple of days.

It is really stiff and keeps my pants from sagging on the right side. They are cheap (Got mine for 35 or so) and it has been lasting pretty well. Some have a low opinion of 5.11 but I will buy another belt from them when this one wears out.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I don't know anything about the Uncle Mike Instructor belt but I have 2 Wilderness Instructor belts and a Galco leather belt and really don't have a problem. You do have to have a very stiff belt and make sure you wear it around you waist and not under your belly. The belt does have to ride above your hip bone to stay up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've been packing a full sized 1911 for years but just recently switched to the XD45 with a dbl. mag pouch. I use a 1-1/2" wide leather dress belt from Aker Leather out of San Diego. It's a double-ply construction with a full-length nylon insert; I have one in black and one in brown, have been using them daily for over a year now...no sag or droop. Don't remember the catalog that I got them from though. If you find it I would suggest that you get one size larger. By the way, it,s only about1/8" inch thick.

·
Registered
45 Posts
A bit expensive, but very high quality. Taper options increase comfort and help disguise its secondary function. I live near a police supply shop and have tried many. This is my preference.

Comp-Tac : Products

1 - 7 of 7 Posts