Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody looking to buy a Guide Rod for my XDM 4.5 9mm, using it for IDPA shooting. Anybody have any feedback on what they're using?

·
Registered
447 Posts
I have a Dons solid guide rod in mines. It helps a little bit and I do use it for IDPA as well. I think the one you can't use is the tungsten one. Correct me I I'm wrong. Springer, Pistol-Gear sells them.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Funny you should ask, I was just checking prices on them myself. I believe from a function standpoint they should all operate about the same.

The three I think make replacement guide rods are Don's, Springer Precision, and Wolff Springs. I haven't been able to find exact weights them. From memory my lead filled guide rod weighs in at 2.3 ozs. Also from memory I remember reading that Don's guide rod weighed in at 2.0 ozs.

I will probably end up ordering the Don's Guide Rod from Pistol Gear. And pick up a 20lb Spring for 28$

Tungsten guide rods(or lead filled) are not legal in IDPA. In ESP you can swap out the guide rod, but it can not be a heavier material. So Steel => Steel only I guess.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ski098 looks like we've been reviewing the same website, that's what I was going to go with but figured I'd see what thoughs are out there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts