Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
i wish. i can't see him distributing this no matter how much we would want it. I would love a copy too!

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The thing that sucks is that it was for sale in the trading post.

Along with a XD.

There is also a thread on Glock Talk about it.

·
Premium Member
28,482 Posts
Crap I thought you were going to say parts. . . I would've cried :cry: b/c I cancelled my order too soon.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
James getting an armorer's manual is like an English professor getting Hooked on Phonics.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
SLCDave said:
James getting an armorer's manual is like an English professor getting Hooked on Phonics.
ROFL!!!

What's the big deal about the XD armorer's manual? The XD is not really that complicated. I've detail stripped it, cleaned it, and had it back together in less than 30 minutes.

EDIT: Nevermind, I guess I'm just being an ass again.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tengu,

My point exactly if it contains no ground breaking information why does Springfield think that we will hurt ourselves with the information it contains.

It is one of those things, they say i cannot have it and that makes me want it even more, and now that a well respected member of the forum has it I want it EVEN MORE!

But alas I will probably never het my hands on it.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
XD BACKUP GUN said:
Tengu,

My point exactly if it contains no ground breaking information why does Springfield think that we will hurt ourselves with the information it contains.

It is one of those things, they say i cannot have it and that makes me want it even more, and now that a well respected member of the forum has it I want it EVEN MORE!

But alas I will probably never het my hands on it.
XDBUG:

Springfield Armory is being run by business administrators and lawyers. Expect this to be the way things are from now on.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Xray Delta said:
I'm sure if we all sign the USAM (U.S. Armorer's Manual) release form, he will have no problem handing it out.
Sure miss FFG-15 that I spent a couple of years on. Nice photo.

·
Registered
34 Posts
XD BACKUP GUN said:
Tengu,

That should be obvious. :D

Can't have potential repairs taken away from a company trying to make money.

Example;
Like the black art of fixing/upgrading computers not that long ago when you could charge anything you wanted because the customer did not know how easy they really were to repair and upgrade.

·
Banned
11,479 Posts
XD BACKUP GUN said:
I wonder if any of the middle management monkeys at Springfield even shoot their own products?

It is sad.
:cry:
What was that crap about? Top management runs the place not middle management. :roll: :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
I am not really up to speed on the armory manual for the XD. However I remember about the time I got my XD I was looking on Gun Broker and someone was selling the manual for the Glock as well as the XD I think the bids were in the 20.00 range maybe I am wrong and it was jsut for the Glock. Wish I knew more about it then....

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
one-eyed-fatman said:
XD BACKUP GUN said:
I wonder if any of the middle management monkeys at Springfield even shoot their own products?

It is sad.
:cry:
What was that crap about? Top management runs the place not middle management. :roll: :roll: :roll:

OEF,

My subtle point is like every other company there are too many Middle Management Monkeys at Springfield.

Some middle management monkey gets a great idea about limiting spare parts so all parts will have to be replaced by Springfield, it is just a way for them to make more money.

God forbid if we tried to do it ourselves.....oh wait we might hurt ourselves...................
:roll:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Grail Knight said:
Xray Delta said:
I'm sure if we all sign the USAM (U.S. Armorer's Manual) release form, he will have no problem handing it out.
She was nothing special, tin can you know...but I think I got the best assignment possible. Lived on her for 2.5 years before I got a place of my own :lol:

Edit: BTW, if you all are trying to find the USAM...i was just blowing smoke :wink:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Xray Delta said:
Grail Knight said:
Xray Delta said:
She was nothing special, tin can you know...but I think I got the best assignment possible. Lived on her for 2.5 years before I got a place of my own :lol:

Edit: BTW, if you all are trying to find the USAM...i was just blowing smoke :wink:
Was not trying to find USAM and just wanted to say hello and I enjoyed the FFG pic. Theya re all gone now to the Coast Guard and other countries.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts