Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone trolied this ammo? An "FMJ" round with some sort of insert so it cant clog uo with clothing, etc. Looks interesting and a nice expansion in the oic I saw but I have heard nothing about it. Apparently nickle plated only cases - which I am not overly fond of - but I am curious about.

Apparently lighter than standard but consistent expansion. It might be just right in smallish carry guns ala XDs in .45 & Keltec 9mm.

Anyone?

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
A reasonable alternative for a SD round in a State where HP is prohibited. Under penetrating load to FBI specs.

A fair video review...

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
From the videos I've seen, I don't care for it. HST or Gold Dot fo me.

·
Registered
11,703 Posts
NJ is one of them. You can have them in your house and you can only have them in your car provided you are going hunting out of state or for immediate use at a shooting range.

The law is absolutely retarded.

·
Premium Member
11,243 Posts
I agree. Under performs, but better than FMJ in HP banned areas.
I'm not doubting such a place exists, but do you know which states have done this?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Guard Dog ammo is designed to not over penetrate and is meant to be used inside the home so as to not go through interior walls. Similar to using birdshot in your home defense shotgun instead of 00 buckshot.

·
Premium Member
11,243 Posts
California must've been asleep that day. It's not like them to be bested when it comes to stupid gun laws.

Reactions: Ryno785

·
Registered
11,703 Posts
I'm not doubting such a place exists, but do you know which states have done this?
NJ is the only one i know of. I find that the most ill-conceived and thoughtless of [gun] laws come from the coastal areas, or from coastal area politicians.

·
Registered
29,825 Posts
Guard Dog ammo is designed to not over penetrate and is meant to be used inside the home so as to not go through interior walls. Similar to using birdshot in your home defense shotgun instead of 00 buckshot.
Both of which are very very poor choices for your defensive weapons; any round that will punch deeply enough into a goblin to get a rapid stop is going through walls, plural. The reverse is true as well.

TANSTAAFL.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts