Springfield XD Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
Got ammo?
449 Posts
Hi,

Mine was a gen2 from Amazon. Whatever I signed up for was on one of the papers in the box. :)
So far I've found over 100 targets online from various different sources. Being able to shoot a different target every day keeps it interesting.
I checked the packaging again but did not find any information about signing up for any special deals or promotions. Drat. There was just a single sheet with the basic instructions and warnings. Is your poster worth ordering for thirteen bucks? I also sent G-Sight an email because I can't download any of the "free" targets at G-Sight Service Page . You supposedly need a special target for the "grouping" function in the app. We'll see what they say. ;)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hi,

I checked the packaging again but did not find any information about signing up for any special deals or promotions. Drat. There was just a single sheet with the basic instructions and warnings. Is your poster worth ordering for thirteen bucks? I also sent G-Sight an email because I can't download any of the "free" targets at G-Sight Service Page . You supposedly need a special target for the "grouping" function in the app. We'll see what they say. ;)

BassCliff
Nah. There are hundreds of free targets online. We need to start a thread in the training forum with links to downloadable targets. That way when someone finds a new source, we can share.

·
Registered
Got ammo?
449 Posts
Hi,

Nah. There are hundreds of free targets online. We need to start a thread in the training forum with links to downloadable targets. That way when someone finds a new source, we can share.
Dozens of links to hundreds of targets in this thread.

Yes, there are plenty of free, downloadable, printable targets out there. :D(y)

Shall I nominate you for the Match Director? ;)

BassCliff

Reactions: Mike51392

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hi,

Dozens of links to hundreds of targets in this thread.

Yes, there are plenty of free, downloadable, printable targets out there. :D(y)

BassCliff
I follow that nomination

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

BassCliff
I'll make a post with a target so everyone using a laser training cartridge can download the target, shoot, and post their results. This is also open to anyone who has real ammunition and takes the challenge target to a real range.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Laser Challenge - Save the Hostage!

·
Registered
Got ammo?
449 Posts
Hi,

Laser Challenge - Save the Hostage!
I'm in! :D

BassCliff

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi,

BassCliff
I was just browsing the G-sight website and came across an offer for a free target when you sign up for their emails. I just tried to find it again but maybe it won't pop up for me because they already have all my info. Take a look around the site, In the meantime I have printed up the one target you have and a few other of the freebies and will be dedicating the door to the garage and the living/dining room to create my virtual indoor shooting range. Photos and results to follow.

Anyone else having problems with random stray shots coming onto your target when not shooting?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi,

Fun! I'm wondering if I will receive a target like that since I ordered the Gen 2 product from Amazon instead of from the G-Sight website. We shall see. If not, perhaps participants can download generic targets and tape several to the wall to make the drills more interesting and challenging. Maybe I'll just break down and order a target from G-Sight. :p $13 from the website.

BassCliff
I bought mine from Amazon and there was a small card in it. You use it to register and they send you a target.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Here is my result on day one. I am pretty happy considering my first day with a pistol in my hand I could barely hit the entire target. Distance is 15 feet, the black right is 3.5" across.

·
Registered
Got ammo?
449 Posts
Hi,

My baby wouldn't stop bugging me today about training so I got her all set up @ a solid 5'
View attachment 833261
View attachment 833262
She always has a blast. She's already trying to claim my XDsc9 as her own.
Way to go Dad! She's precious. "Train up a child in the way (s)he should go, And when (s)he is old (s)he will not depart from it." [Prov. 22:6]

BassCliff

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Anyone else having problems with random stray shots coming onto your target when not shooting?
When I switched to a clipboard for my target hanger, the app thought the chrome clip on the clipboard was rapid-fire from a machine gun. I had to cover all the chrome with black gaffer's tape.
The app is looking for contrast smooth, flat lighting works best. On a bright sunny day, I've got to draw the blinds.

·
Registered
39 Posts
When I switched to a clipboard for my target hanger, the app thought the chrome clip on the clipboard was rapid-fire from a machine gun. I had to cover all the chrome with black gaffer's tape.
The app is looking for contrast smooth, flat lighting works best. On a bright sunny day, I've got to draw the blinds.
I was using a paneled door as a backdrop the shadows were causing the errant shots. I did the recycling and reached into the bin and pulled out a large piece of cardboard to tape to the door and have used it as a solid backdrop to a variety of targets now living full time on the door to the garage.

·
Registered
Got ammo?
449 Posts
Hi,

I bought mine from Amazon and there was a small card in it. You use it to register and they send you a target.
Let's see if this works. I found this page at g-sight which allowed me to enter my Amazon order number to get one of their larger targets for free, hopefully. ;)

BassCliff

Reactions: Mike51392

·
Registered
Got ammo?
449 Posts
Hey!

Here is my result on day one. I am pretty happy considering my first day with a pistol in my hand I could barely hit the entire target. Distance is 15 feet, the black right is 3.5" across. View attachment 833186
That's looking good, very consistent, tight group.

This weekend I'll practice more with the hostage, some 2" dots, and a bullseye just for variety. I also need to practice shooting cross-dominant for those "emergency" situations when I won't be wearing my fancy shooting glasses. 🤓 ;) I need to work on consistent sight alignment and a trigger pull that goes straight back.

BassCliff

21 - 40 of 49 Posts