Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked my mail the other day and was surprised by a large envelope from Gsight with a target inside.
The target had instructions for a social media challenge.

Challenge Accepted:

• 15 feet distance
  • 10 Shots
  • Only 1 scoring hit per location
  • Striking any part of either monster is a score
  • Highest possible score = 325
I shot the challenge many times over the course of an entire afternoon trying for a perfect score. Finally, I did it and then messed up the screenshot losing the session in the process, TWICE! Many runs later, I did it again and was able to capture the screenshot you see above.

This was with my everyday carry Hellcat/RMRcc. Strangely enough, the targets on the legs were harder than the arms.

Lessons Learned: Follow-through after the trigger breaks makes a massive difference in keeping the shot on target. I'm new to pistol red dot sights. Consistent grip and presentation will make the dot consistently appear in the middle of the window. The Hellcat's "index textures" on each side of the frame have proven useful in getting my grip squared away and consistent.

When I got my Gsight cartridge in the mail, I remember sighing up for their email list or registering the warranty or something. This is probably where the target came from. They even printed my name on it. If you have Gsight cartridge and get a target like this in the mail, post your results.

·
Registered
Got ammo?
441 Posts
Hi,

Fun! I'm wondering if I will receive a target like that since I ordered the Gen 2 product from Amazon instead of from the G-Sight website. We shall see. If not, perhaps participants can download generic targets and tape several to the wall to make the drills more interesting and challenging. Maybe I'll just break down and order a target from G-Sight. :p $13 from the website.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine was a gen2 from Amazon. Whatever I signed up for was on one of the papers in the box. :)
So far I've found over 100 targets online from various different sources. Being able to shoot a different target every day keeps it interesting.

·
Registered
Got ammo?
441 Posts
Hi,

Mine was a gen2 from Amazon. Whatever I signed up for was on one of the papers in the box. :)
So far I've found over 100 targets online from various different sources. Being able to shoot a different target every day keeps it interesting.
Sure! I've downloaded dozens of "official" targets from various websites, scaled to fit on a letter sized sheet of paper. I'm sure some kind of match could be organized. We might have to use the honor system for scoring. You can trust me. ;)

BassCliff

·
Registered
Got ammo?
441 Posts
Hi,

I grabbed a screenshot of that particular G-Sight target. Use MS Paint to print it across two pages. But it still might not be the exact same size.

Two pages in landscape gives you 11x17 but I don't know if the target itself is measured at 11x15.5 or the entire poster. Or maybe print it on one page and stand proportionately closer. ;)

BassCliff

Reactions: Obscura

·
Registered
Got ammo?
441 Posts
Hi,

It's 11x15.5
Do you mean the entire poster is 11x15.5? Or is just the target itself 11x15.5 (minus the printing at the top)?

I'm not sure if I should get my hopes up too much but my G-Sight is supposed to be here tomorrow. Delivery on a Sunday? Maybe. We shall see. ;)

BassCliff

·
Registered
Got ammo?
441 Posts
Hi,

I just noticed an email from guns.com that says to use the code HEART15 to get 15% off your purchase of a laser training kit at g-sight.com. Sale ends tomorrow, Feb. 14. Hurry! :)

BassCliff

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi,

Do you mean the entire poster is 11x15.5? Or is just the target itself 11x15.5 (minus the printing at the top)?

I'm not sure if I should get my hopes up too much but my G-Sight is supposed to be here tomorrow. Delivery on a Sunday? Maybe. We shall see. ;)

BassCliff
The entire poster is 11" x 15.5"

·
Registered
Got ammo?
441 Posts
Hi,

Crikey I printed the target using my phone and it came out the standard 8.5 x11. I need a PC trying to figure things out using my Android phone is painful 😫
Yes. I had to use Microsoft Paint to print it across two pages so it would be close to the right size. I'd like to order a spare snap cap for my cartridge when they are back in stock. I'll get that target at that time.

BassCliff

·
Registered
Got ammo?
441 Posts
Hi,

The entire poster is 11" x 15.5"
I printed this across two pages in landscape mode. It looks pretty close to the proper size. Two sheets of letter sized paper turned sideways like this totals 11x17.

If indeed my laser cartridge arrives today I will certainly give it a try. ;)

Fun! Fun! Fun!

BassCliff

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi,

I printed this across two pages in landscape mode. It looks pretty close to the proper size. Two sheets of letter sized paper turned sideways like this totals 11x17.

View attachment 832958

If indeed my laser cartridge arrives today I will certainly give it a try. ;)

Fun! Fun! Fun!

BassCliff
That is to scale. :cool:

·
Registered
Got ammo?
441 Posts
Hi guys,

We all have to get on the same page and use the same target. The BULLSEYE is cool . Its super printer friendly.
Nice! I downloaded all those targets. I like the crisp black lines on the white background, easy for these old eyes to see. .)

That is to scale. :cool:
Good to know! I received my G-Sight cartridge today and the whole family had an impromptu training session. Unfortunately this target did not work out well for me, too much black and not enough contrast. Perhaps I can tweak this target somewhat to make it more visible. Maybe I just need more practice with my vision arrangements. 🤓

I'm going to write up my new piece of kit. I just have to figure out where to put it, in the gear section, as a "range report", or just glom it on to one of the other G-Sight threads. ;)

BassCliff

·
Registered
Got ammo?
441 Posts
Hi,

I managed to do this from four yards this evening. Those are one inch squares.

I'll practice on the #151A target a little bit more before I share my score. I could hit most of the bits but the few that were off were waaayy off. :p

BassCliff

·
Registered
Got ammo?
441 Posts
Hi,

Thank you kindly. I managed to get all ten shots inside the two inch circle. I hope to get better. We'll probably set up in a different room so we can practice with a little greater distance too.

If you'd like to see all our fun this evening, I posted a gear review here:

BassCliff

·
Registered
Got ammo?
441 Posts
Hi @Obscura, et al,

Tonight I practiced a bit with my G-Sight. I'm still getting used to my new sight picture after my cataract surgery and wearing my new shooting glasses with the diopter on my dominant eye. I can tell when it's a good shot and I can tell when it gets away from me. I slowed down and worked on the mechanics of aligning my sights and getting everything in focus. Sometimes my brain wants to switch over to my left eye and I have to will it to use my right eye. I will advise you all again, don't get old!

I ran a five dot drill. For the most part I shot upper left-right, middle, then lower left-right, but I switched it up occasionally. I was 5 yards away from the black circles which were 2 1/4 inches in diameter.

The beginning of my 90 minute session wasn't too good. I won't torture you with that. About halfway through my session I started settling down and slowing down.

Towards the end I really took my time between shots and concentrated more on keeping focus all through the drill. I was also practicing drawing from concealed but that wasn't really the main focus tonight.

I am really liking this little device. As soon as I train my brain to keep the right sight picture in focus I'm hoping to get more perfect shots.

When should I expect a virtual G-Sight competition to be organized? I'm looking forward to it.

BassCliff

1 - 20 of 40 Posts