Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I recently picked up a GSG 1911 in .22LR and finally this week got a chance to spend some time at the range with it.

I fully cleaned and reassmbled the pistol prior to the range trip as the amount factory lube was far more than needed. If you have one follow the instruction manual and it will be no problem.

I had 5 different brands of ammo, including Winchester, Remington, Blazer, CCI that are all rated as "high velocity" rounds, which is what the mfg recommends. The gun performed well for the first time out with all brands of ammo. I did have 2 FTF during the the tests... I fired at least 20 rounds of each (2 mags) to test for any problems. The FTF's were with 2 different brands of ammo and were both in the middle of a magazine. I think those FTF's were just related to it being a new firearm that needs a few rounds cycled through to get things "broke" in.

Gun feels really solid in the hand and sights were dead on from the factory. This pistol shares many parts with other 1911 platforms. This would be a fine choice as a pistol to introduce new shooters to guns with as all the safeties work identical to a traditional 1911. If you want to have some fun and work on your trigger control for much less $ than a .45ACP this .22LR version is a great option. :D

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Congrats and am glad you had a blast...Pics would be nice...:)

·
Premium Member
11,114 Posts
Congrats! I really like my GSG...I've put over 6.5K through it without any issues. I actually plan to use it next week at our Wounded Warrior rimfire USPSA steel match.

·
Premium Member
9,363 Posts
I have one too, put a lot of rounds in it no problems. One really fun gun. Best .22LR pistol on the market IMO that has a close resemblance to a full size caliber pistol.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Congrats.

Love mine. She also had teething problems initially and was picky on ammo. Ran about 200 rounds of CCI mini mags and shoots like a dream after. Now, she shoots pretty much any HV ammo I feed her (Walmart bulk specials).

People that I've let shoot mine ended up considering or have already gotten one because it's sooo fun to shoot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts