Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sitting by my garden waiting for a new ground hog that decided to dig up right beside my garden. I have killed about 40 ground hogs in the last three summers on my property. With Evey thing from an AR, 22 mag, 20 GA, and 12 gauge. Never with a pistol though. I am sitting about 9 yes away with the xdm and 180gr fed hst. Any thoughts?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ill sacrifice a squash to get him lok

·
Registered
340 Posts
almost 3 hours and no update from OP... I think the ground hog got him... can we get a moment of silence please? :cry:

·
Registered
620 Posts
Remember... keep firing until the threat is eliminated!

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ground hog never came out last night. He must of decided tiki dine at another location tonight. Will update later today if I get him.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hit him with the 12 gauge munchin on some brocolli today.

·
Registered
886 Posts
So how are you going to fix him up? With potatoes and grilled vegtables. Oh, and maybe some corn on the cob. Me personally; I would salt and pepper him with a little cayenne and bake at 325 for 1 hour in chicken broth.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
What does this do to Winter now?

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
I've shot alot of them but never one with a pistol that I can remember.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Killians sounds good! Drinking Beam tonight though. I have never eaten one, I hear they are good if you get them young though. I mainly kill as a defense against my horses and donkeys. They step in one of those holes and they are done. Plus its a lot of fun too.

·
Registered
768 Posts
LMAO...the image came to mind of a guy sitting next to his garden with his pistol in his hand, typing messages on the forum while waiting for his prey to arrive...lol...then BAM...here comes a pic of the dead ground hog!!

Nice shot man, thanks for the laugh too! :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Last month I dispatched an (apparently) rabid raccoon with my XDM .45. Talk about overkill. Upon examination I saw a ton of porcupine quills in this poor creature's face. Not sure if he was rabid after all - maybe just staggering around in pain.

Anyway I reckon I did the right thing putting him out of his misery and burnt the carcass thoroughly just in case it was rabies.

edit: I was not in the smokey city limits when I did this. I was on the family farm near Cook Forest, PA

I am sitting by my garden waiting for a new ground hog that decided to dig up right beside my garden. I have killed about 40 ground hogs in the last three summers on my property. With Evey thing from an AR, 22 mag, 20 GA, and 12 gauge. Never with a pistol though. I am sitting about 9 yes away with the xdm and 180gr fed hst. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I currently am hunting two more holes with my pistol. I will post pics.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts