Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grizzly has a line of self defense rounds out called Xtreme. These rounds have this weird four petal pattern when they expand that looks gnarly. I have to say though, that bullet looks like it would just tear itself apart inside someone causing a shallow wound, not what you want in a SD round. It looks like those petals would rip right off.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
I researched several forums that have threads running about this ammo. All ballistics tests report penetration of about 10" in gel. Considering clothing and other obstacles, that ain't gonna get it. Stick with proven brands like Speer and Corbon.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I researched several forums that have threads running about this ammo. All ballistics tests report penetration of about 10" in gel. Considering clothing and other obstacles, that ain't gonna get it. Stick with proven brands like Speer and Corbon.
I was never considering buying any, I just saw the bullets on the Grizzly website and thought I would see if others shared my skepticism.

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
I've bought some Grizzly cowboy loads in the past, but none of the stuff you're talking about.
Defensively, I'd stay more main stream, as others have suggested.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts