Springfield XD Forum banner

grip spray

2K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  ThumperMX113 
#1 ·
I knew a guy a couple of years ago that had sprayed the outside of his usgi mags with some texture enhancher. It wasn't nearly as rough as grip tape but had the same effect. Does anyone know a product that would give this finish and be durable enough to survive quite a few range trips?

#3 ·
Go to Wal-Mart and get some of the "Texture" paint, comes in a spray can and works just like spray paint.

#5 ·
and be sure just to spray the lower half of the mag ;)

This is a good point!

Insert the mag then make a mark of some sort (I suggest taping it, then removing the mag and putting tape above that and removing the original tape).

#6 ·
Go to Wal-Mart and get some of the "Texture" paint, comes in a spray can and works just like spray paint.
You mean like the orange peel stuff? That won't hold up to anything...

#7 ·
Not sure why anyone would need extra grip on mags (unless you get them bloody somehow) but I would imagine the grip tape would work best.

#8 ·
Not sure why anyone would need extra grip on mags (unless you get them bloody somehow) but I would imagine the grip tape would work best.
I've got the pre-cut grip tape on some of my P-Mags. It really does feel a lot better in your hand, especially when your hands are sweating on a hot Florida day.

#9 · (Edited)
i love grip tape. a 3'x1' sheet for $5 and you can get lots of different colors

#10 ·
#14 ·
where do you find the pre-cut grip tape for your Pmags?
its really not hard at all to cut yourself and then you will have tons of left over to do your other guns if you want

#18 ·
I have some of the cheap wal mart spray in bedliner. I may try that on a ak mag and see if I like it. Thanx for the idea.
BK
bingo! I couldn't remember the name of the stuff I used on the side steps of my SUV. Herculiner Herculiner Truck Bed Liners I found it in a quart can and applied it with a small roller and a throw away brush. This stuff is TOUGH! and has been on there for four years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.