Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping to get some input from the board for what grips will best suit me. I have the xd-9 service in black.

The factory grips fit my hand pretty well, size wise. I guess I have average size hands for a guy. I would like something a bit more "sticky" and possibly with finger groves. I don't think I would like the sandpaper type grips. I was thinking houge or something similar.

TIA!

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
concealed.carry.harry said:
I'm hoping to get some input from the board for what grips will best suit me. I have the xd-9 service in black.

The factory grips fit my hand pretty well, size wise. I guess I have average size hands for a guy. I would like something a bit more "sticky" and possibly with finger groves. I don't think I would like the sandpaper type grips. I was thinking houge or something similar.

TIA!
I think you just answered your own question :wink:

I'm hoping to get some input from the board for what grips will best suit me
Only You will be able to tell what best suits you. I would order what you mentioned and try them. If you dont like them, sell them to another member.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Look into AGRIPS they don't have finger grooves but they offer good traction without the sandpaper feel.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks savage, that's exactly the kind of response I was hoping for.

Your XD looks fuggin sweet! :p

What kind of inlay did ya use? How bout the barrell??

Cool, thanks!

·
Registered
539 Posts
I liked the Bicycle Tube Grip so much I cut out the finger grooves and left side (I'm a Lefty) palmswell from my Hogue and installed them under the Tube Grip.

Try it. The tube grip adds just enough "tack" to make a big difference, better than the Hogue, and adds very little thickness to the grip compared to the Hogue.

·
Registered
93 Posts
concealed.carry.harry said:
thanks savage, that's exactly the kind of response I was hoping for.

Your XD looks fuggin sweet! :p

What kind of inlay did ya use? How bout the barrell??

Cool, thanks!
The inlay is just artist oil pastels. That is white, I tried red and didnt really like it, now I have tan and that is lookin good. The barrel is stock, just mirror polished for looks. As soon as I get my Don's guiderod and taclight I'll be set.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now I remember, you're the one who everyone already asked about the inlay. I'd like to do that eventually, but that's later in the line. I need a guide rod and spring then grips then the XML. Functionality first, looks later.

What do you guys think about just painting the dots (I'm thinking red or orange) on the factory sights?

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
I have a Pachmyr and it seems to work well

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
willbond said:
I liked the Bicycle Tube Grip so much I cut out the finger grooves and left side (I'm a Lefty) palmswell from my Hogue and installed them under the Tube Grip.

Try it. The tube grip adds just enough "tack" to make a big difference, better than the Hogue, and adds very little thickness to the grip compared to the Hogue.
You must be referring to the Kraigster grip system....

http://www.hs2000talk.com/viewtopic.php?t=24619&highlight=kraigster

1 - 10 of 10 Posts