Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any grips like the Hogue made for the XD. Can the Hogue be modified to work? Please educate me if you can?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hogue makes a universal grip called the Handall. Pachmayr also makes one too. I just ordered the Pachmayr one from xd-hs2000.com along with a couple pearce grip extensions for the subcompact. Pistol-gear also sells them but I think they're out of stock at the moment.
They just slip on over the grip. I've used the Hogue Handall on a gl*ck and I really liked it.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
You could always try a bicycle tire.. it works pretty well.

Raymond

·
Registered
30 Posts
yes, the Houge grip will work fine. There is a little trimming required but its not really that big of a deal.

-Josh

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have tried the Hogue and Pachmayr slip-ons, and I have to say I prefer the Hogue. Some trimming is required, but as a word of advice, don't just trim around the grip safety. That's what I did with my first Hogue, and it wound up tearing in one of the corners. I still have the Pachmayr, but I had to go back to the Hogue because it fits my hand so much better. I would say guess where the bottom of the grip safety is, and cut diagonally to where the front meets the trigger guard. Keep doing this until you get it where you want it. If you want to be able to adjust it better, spray some hair spray on the inside of the grip, and it slides on and off really easily, and it also helps it from slipping after everything is fit. I hope this helps, sorry if some of it is elementary, but it would have helped me to know this before I put my first grip on, and saved me some money.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys . if you have photos to show me what it looks like I would appreciate it

·
Registered
30 Posts
Here are a few shots. Unfortunately I cut it like darrinlowe said not to. But oh well live and learn. This is the Houge Handal grip

back of grip

front of grip

side of grip

Hope that helps you make a decision.

-Josh

1 - 10 of 10 Posts