Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carrying the XDMc 3.8 40cal with the Pearce grip extension and the CrossBreed SuperTuck.

I've worn this rig 3 days now and have found that the Pearce grip does not set exactly flush with the rest of the grip. It has a VERY sharp point that digs into my flesh. Can anyone recommend sanding down the edges of the Pearce to a less than "sharp" edge that maybe won't dig into my side so bad? I'm tempted to try this as it VERY uncomfortable and the only hindrance to my EDC rig. Advice please? :cool:

·
Registered
538 Posts
I wholeheartedly suggest you sand it down! Made mine much nicer against the skin, and palm when gripping.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wholeheartedly suggest you sand it down! Made mine much nicer against the skin, and palm when gripping.
Can you suggest a certain grit of sand paper? The thing isn't terribly expensive but I'd rather not muck it up by grinding into it with too heavy a grit.

Thanks.

·
Registered
31,568 Posts
Seems that I have heard of people doing this with a dremel tool.
I ended up putting the original baseplate back on my carry magazine. I never carried it with the Pearce for any length of time, but I did notice that the Pearce can kind of dig into your palm while shooting.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I just borrowed and repurposed some of my wife's nail files...

Needless to say they worked....but at a HIGH cost. Bought her some new ones afterward.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts