Springfield XD Forum banner

Do you have a Grip Chop/What are your thoughts on it?

• Have a grip chop, did it myself, LOVE it!

• Have a grip chop, had someone else do it, LOVE it!

• Have a grip chop, did it myself, but I wish I'd had someone else do it.

• Have a grip chop, had someone else do it, and I like it so-so.

• Have a grip chop, but I wish I didn't.

• Don't have a grip chop but I would definitely consider it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok -

I want to hear from those that have done (or have had done) the grip chop. Let me know any details you think are pertinent to this poll.

Also, if you had the work done by someone else, who did you get to do it?

Overall, as mentioned, was it worth it?

joe

·
Premium Member
2,583 Posts
None of the above. I would be too worried about ruining my gun. This is why I bought the XD40SC and not service.

I have my HS2000 for my service size pistol.

·
Premium Member
8,236 Posts
I loved mine but I sold it to fund an AR. Now I have the 45compact; love it.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I loved it but I also sold it, It made the gun very concealable and versitile. I used packers instructions and it came out perfect, The only thing I did extra was I used a dremel with a felt bob and compound after I cut and sanded. It looked like it came from the factory as a compact, when I sold it to a dealer he said I dident know they made an xd 9 compact. I came clean and told him I did it, He later told me that he sold it for 10 bucks less than new and it was gone in one day.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PackerfanXD - What did you get for your XD when you sold it, if you don't mind me asking?

Sorry I didn't cover all the options - guess I forgot one. But thanks for the input.

I simply can't afford to buy another XD/HS2000 as a full size and I don't like the short barrel of the 40sc for both looks and (I understand negligably) accuracy.

joe

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also, are there any regrets about doing the grip chop? As in, do you miss your full length grip ever?

joe

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I voted "I don't have a grip chop bud I'd consider it." Last winter a friend of mine got the 45 compact. We were comparing (I have the service) and was pretty impressed. I had definitely considered doing a grip chop. The main reason I left it a service was I want it to be my SHTF pistol and want to have 13 rounders fit flush without having to buy a bunch of extension sleeves.

That being said, if I had something else (a tactical for example), I would have done the grip chop. My vote for you goes toward read the instructions and do it yourself.

·
Premium Member
28,487 Posts
I think you forgot the option don't have one, don't want one. That's not me but I'm just saying.

·
Premium Member
28,487 Posts
None of the above. I would be too worried about ruining my gun. This is why I bought the XD40SC and not service.

I have my HS2000 for my service size pistol.
You'd probably fit into the "Don't have one, but I'd consider it" category.

I'm anxious about performing my own grip chop, but if I had the scratch I'd consider sending to a good smith to do it for me.

·
Premium Member
28,487 Posts
I'll let you know if I change my mind after I shoot it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts