Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. just wanted to drop by and say hi to everyone. when it comes to handguns, i'm a complete newbie so excuse my uneducated mind. that's why i'm here, to learn.

i'm an avid hunter, fisherman, and outdoors person. as we all know, WI doesn't have concealed carry yet, but hopefully that will change! i'm looking to purchase my first handgun in the near future and something about the XDm is calling me. been doing a lot of research and that seems to the be the one for me.

didn't mean to make such a long intro, but i hope to learn a lot from the forums and see you guys around!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Welcome from another Wisconsinite. If you have not shot a handgun much, I recommend going to The Shooters Shop or Badger Gun and renting a few and trying them out at their range. You may find that there are several guns in your price range that fit your need, and one may just feel and shoot better for you. As for XDMs, I like mine and would highly recommend one.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i've heard of both the shops but never made it out there yet. i've been meaning to get out and shoot some guns!

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Welcome from Milwaukee, WI. Shooter Shop still rents them, but Badger no longer does after the 2 range suicides there using rented guns. If you ever get down to the Racine area, Shooters Sports Center has a huge variety of rental guns. The guys at Shooter Shop are all good guys though. I recommend checking out the Gallery of Guns website for pricing. All of the stores listed in there have to honor the pricing.

·
Premium Member
3,448 Posts
Welcome from Colorado

·
Registered
763 Posts
Welcome from NC

·
Premium Member
23,668 Posts
hello there

·
Registered
82 Posts
Welcome from Milwaukee, WI. Shooter Shop still rents them, but Badger no longer does after the 2 range suicides there using rented guns.
I didn't know that. You were right though when you told me the Shooter Shop's range is better, in my humble opinion.

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
Welcome to the fourm from Louisiana.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Welcome from NW Michigan!

·
Super Moderator
46,392 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Welcome from S.E. Wisconsin. If you are near Waukesha, Fletcher Arms rents guns and have many to choose from.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Welcome! What's this? No CC in WI? I didn't know that. Can you open carry?
Yes you can open carry. We have at least two proposals for CC in WI floating around the capital. The gov has said he would sign a CC law if it comes to his desk. It seems to me they are trying to decide if they want to mandate training or not. My guess is we will have CC shortly.

Sorry to the OP, not trying to hijack the thread, just answering a question.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts