Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new shooter here. Just completed handgun safety and have purchased XD 40 Subcompact. Have shot a total of 200 rounds so far. I was originally only interested in purchasing a hg for home defense. However, during range time for the class I discovered just how much fun shooting really is. The XD is my first gun purchase, but I am already researching others. I went to range with a box of 100 wbw with the intent of shooting 50 rounds, but couldn't stop....had to buy more in the range gun shop. I think I have a new obession. I will say I have already learned the white box winchester seems to be awfully dirty compared to the pmc brand I bought at range. Anyway, I look forward to learning more about this great hobby and XD talk is a great start.

·
Premium Member
127,182 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Ohio.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Welcome to the forum from NC!

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota. Yep, it sounds like you're hooked.

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Greetings from Nashville, and welcome

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Way to go.

Be careful out there!

·
Premium Member
3,448 Posts
Welcome from Colorado

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the welcomes. So, can anybody explain to me why our nation elected a leader whose own running mate is on record prior to the election for saying the US will be challenged within 6 mos. if Obama were to be elected. Biden by the way is touted by his own camp to be an expert on foreign policy and affairs. If he is indeed and expert and knows what he's talking about then how was such a major statement with such impact was swept under the rug by all the lib media. We are opening the door to "challenges" meanwhile have a new regime going into office that is pretty much anti-conflict. Is it just me or should we not be concerned about the fact the US must maintiain a level of respect with foreign lands in order for them to have a healthy fear of our military's capabilities. I know I am probably preaching to the choir here, but it amazes me that the masses have no more concern for our national security than appears.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Welcome to the forum from CT.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome from the other end of Tennessee. Jackson area.
Your affliction IS a good one to have.
Good Luck and Keep shooting, Look into the USCCA
Get your CC and you will feel a LOT better....

Regards

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Welcome from Indiana!

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Winchester WWB may be dirty but my XD eats it up all day with no problems. Welcome from Minnesota.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got back to one of the local ranges today. I can tell I am getting the hang of my XD 40 sub compact. It's my first gun purchase and I love it. I shot a hundred rounds of Blazer Brass that I got at Wally for about $12.50/box. I have to say it seems like much better ammo than the WWB. I think I shot more accurately too, not to mention that it's much cleaner. I am shopping right now for a Remington 870 Express Magnum pump action shot gun and would like to get an XD40 tactical to round out my aresenal.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts