Springfield XD Forum banner

Greetings from Cuomo's New York

2K views 30 replies 28 participants last post by  bencov3 
#1 ·
New Member here, a (near) lifelong resident of New York and trying to make the best of things under the "SAFE" Act. I have a new S-A XD-S 9mm on hold and I pick up my concealed carry permit tomorrow. If all goes well, I'll have the 9 in time for my upcoming vacation and a few trips to the local range for some quality time with the new pistol.

I live in the Hudson Valley area of the state, love the area, gun laws not so much but with that said, my County Judge and Clerk's office made my original permit process and now my CCW very smooth. We have a judge that is a 2nd Amendment supporter unlike a few other local judges which made the whole interview and CCW process pretty quick.

Currently shooting a Ruger 22, have experience with a Glock 19, Ruger SR9, SR22 and an assorted .380.

Fun, other than shooting I take my Harley whenever I can (makes the trips to work in NJ bearable). If you think NY is tough on pistol licenses, I understand its near impossible to get one in Jersey.

#5 ·
Welcome! I'm in Western Mass, not far from you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 ·
Welcome! I'm in Western Mass, not far from you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, I spent part of my last vacation with family in eastern MA, can't even buy .22 LR rounds without some sort of government issued card from what hear. I did get up to a nice range in Manchester, NH which will rent you anything from a .22 to a fully automatic machine gun. Not like anything you'd find here in NY.

#9 ·
Welcome from a fellow 518er... I live in Saratoga county! I actually took a drive right past HVCC to Cooley vw last weekend:)

#11 ·
Welcome from upstate New York!! My county Sheriff is running with Rob Astorino to try and kick quomo to the curb! They get my vote all day long!!

You're going to hear a lot of "pack up and move" on here, just to warn you!

#14 ·
And another welcome from Georgia.

#15 · (Edited)
Welcome from Really Gun Friendly Arizona!
Former upstate resident, I grew up in the Binghamton area.

#16 ·
I thought it was near impossible to get a concealed carry permit in New York. Thought you had to have a separate permit just to have a permit in New York City.

What's the scoop?

And welcome from florida.

#17 ·
I thought it was near impossible to get a concealed carry permit in New York. Thought you had to have a separate permit just to have a permit in New York City.

What's the scoop?

And welcome from florida.
it is based off county... some counties are easier than others,, i have mine and it took me 5 months total to get. NYC is a different animal idk about haha

#25 ·
Welcome from Litchfield County Commie-necticut another progressive $hit hole ruled by draconian over lords.

#26 ·
Welcome from SoCal

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.