Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. my questions is. while shooting, what should be applie dto the pistol's slide rails and frame rails, Greese or oil? The questions is because i just read in a few other threads that most of the time soil doesnt stick to the slide and frame rails and so the wear 'n tear damages the gun.

Secondly i wante dto know if i use oil on the rails, hows slip2000 gun lube for that? and hows that in comparision with greese?

Thanks everyone.

Happy shooting.

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
This question draws a lot of different responses....

I myself use both. I use Tetra gun grease on the rails and other parts that rub metal often (disconnector on 1911, rails, etc). I use oil/lube on the other metal parts that don't see as much metal on metal wear (barrel hood, recoil assembly, etc. I like Tetra gun grease for grease and weapon shield for lube/oil.

·
Registered
11,047 Posts
Unless you're putting 10,000 rounds a day through your gun, you should never have to worry about oil not giving you enough protection from wear and tear.

I just use CLP. I figure that if it's good enough for the military to use on machine guns firing 800 rounds per minute, it will work on my guns just fine.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
I use Wilson Combat's Ultima-lube exclusively in my firearms. It is slightly thicker than oil but thinner than a grease. Spread it very thin on all of the contact points and listen carefully as all of the friction disappears.

Won't run or drip into your holsters or on your clothes... good stuff. Its extremely cheap for how long it lasts. You use very little to lube the entire gun and the syringe is 10cc's (5ml) and cost under 10 bucks. I lubed up my Weatherby 7mm, my Marlin .22 , my Ruger 22/45, my XD, my Kimber Custom II and my Mossberg 500..... and I can't tell the difference between the two syringes I bought other than one of them has lube inside the "Needle" part of the tube.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts