Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have never seen this has any one else?
I was looking on ebay for mag pouches and found this for XD service .45
I am not seller or do not know seller just wanting to know about this item?

When firing a modern pistol, the slide flies backward at great speed, and then comes to an immediate stop against the frame during recoil. This force and impact to the frame is constantly weakening the slide and vibrating the internal parts, causing cracks and malfunction and turning movements in the shooters wrist. This sudden impact causes a violent muzzle jump which temporarily throws the gun off target and upwards, causing a need for dual-action buffers.

Our Frame-Saver Dual Action Recoil Springs offer these advantages:
  • Impact: The elimination of the slide impacting the frame at high speed preserves the structure of the firearm - and your rather significant investment!
  • Muzzle Control: By changing the final backward movement of the slide from a sudden stop to a progressive stop, muzzle jump is greatly decreased by 40% giving you more control.
  • Function: No interference of ejection port or any feeding problems.
  • Progressive: This is a system designed to reduced the backward motion of the slide in progressive stages after the gun is shot. The effect of this system is that the recoil is reduced by 40% making your follow up shots much easier to shoot. This is a VERY effective system.
  • Stability: Better stability for your barrel. Stainless steel guide rod replaces plastic guide rods for superior barrel support and function.
  • Better Accuracy: Progressively slows down your slide from heavy impact against the frame. Works just like a car shock absorber, reducing the slide impact. Lower impact means less recoil, accurate recovery of the weapon for on-target accuracy is better achieved, shot after shot. Even expert shooters can benefit from lower recoil.
  • Lower Frame Shock: The slide is one of the heaviest components in a semi-automatic pistol. Upon firing, the slide slams back with great energy against the frame. Frame Saver Dual Actions springs can lower this slide impact dramatically, preventing excessive wear, cracked slides and damaged frames, particularly on modern polymer framed pistols such as glocks, Sigmas & HKs.
  • Drop In Fit: Direct replacement for your factory spring assembly. No modifications required.
INCLUDES SPRING$64.50 free shipping
SPRINGFIELD XD SERVICE 45 ACP DUAL ACTION RECOIL SPRING - eBay (item 260283883761 end time Dec-04-08 10:32:25 PST)

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
Yup, I was right. I just review the the EBay link and it shows. "GUN recoil springs by Green valley Gun.REPLACE YOUR STOCK SPRING WITH A DUAL ACTION RECOIL SPRING MADE BY EFK PRODUCTS"

I had their system in my 1911. It ran OK but I don't recall any reduction in felt recoil. I switch back to a solid guide rod. In the end, its subjective I guess.

OS

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Is this the only replacement for the .45 service though?

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
"When firing a modern pistol, the slide flies backward at great speed, and then comes to an immediate stop against the frame during recoil. This force and impact to the frame is constantly weakening the slide and vibrating the internal parts, causing cracks and malfunction and turning movements in the shooters wrist. This sudden impact causes a violent muzzle jump which temporarily throws the gun off target and upwards, causing a need for dual-action buffers."

I call BS on this part. Especially with the XD. Sure, poorly managed recoil will affect your aim... but in a properly designed pistol, firing thousands of rounds isn't going to break it or cause malfunctions. That's just a ridiculous marketing statement...

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
yea and no spring can lower recoil. it can spread the impact over a larger range to lower FELT recoil (notice how old school used the correct term)
its little stuff like that i look for when buying products, if you make mistakes like that it leaves me wondering about other mistakes a company might have made.

pistol gear knows there stuff and thats why i trust them and their products. I know they wont sell me something that doesn't work.

PLUS one good thing about polymer frames is that they can flex without damage to the frame,

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
"When firing a modern pistol, the slide flies backward at great speed, and then comes to an immediate stop against the frame during recoil. This force and impact to the frame is constantly weakening the slide and vibrating the internal parts, causing cracks and malfunction and turning movements in the shooters wrist. This sudden impact causes a violent muzzle jump which temporarily throws the gun off target and upwards, causing a need for dual-action buffers."

I call BS on this part. Especially with the XD. Sure, poorly managed recoil will affect your aim... but in a properly designed pistol, firing thousands of rounds isn't going to break it or cause malfunctions. That's just a ridiculous marketing statement...
Of course it's BS - it's EBAY

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so has any one tried this product or are we going with "Came from EBAY has to be junk"
just want to know before I buy?

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
so has any one tried this product or are we going with "Came from EBAY has to be junk"
just want to know before I buy?
Well, since it's actually made by EFK Firedragon, it's not junk... their barrels are reputably pretty good. Their corporate store shows a lower price, but they're out of stock. Doesn't look like the Green Mountain/eBay guys are inflating the price beyond MSRP, so if you have the money to spare, why not.

Keep in mind, though, that it probably won't do a whole lot that your stock guide rod doesn't do already.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts