Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I bought an XDm 3.8 40 S&W for my 35th birthday 2 months ago. This has been my first and only firearm so far. In hindsight, I probably should have rented a few guns before making a purchase, but I've shot around 1,400 rounds through it and I could not be happier.

Wondering if I made a wrong choice, I've rented other popular handguns to see if I was missing anything. So far I've tried a Glock 19 (Good grip but felt cheap by comparison) and XDM 5.25 9mm ( didn't like the sights, 9mm vs .40 wasn't noticeable to me) and a Steyr M40 A1 (Cool gun, sights and trigger are different, if they were refined ,it would be a definite buy for me).

I read a few gun related blogs and lurk on redditts gun related subs. Decided to join here for the wealth of xd knowldge.

Thanks, hope everyone has a safe memorial day weekend.

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
Welcome from Concord NC. As long as your happy with it that's what counts.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Welcome from IL as well.

·
Premium Member
127,986 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin. ..firearms can be very personal, everyone has an opinion. All that counts is your's. Enjoy..

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
Welcome from central Illinois.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Welcome from Central Florida. Just don't rent a 1911 or it mught bankrupt you!

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Welcome from southern Illinois. You have an XDm and you like it. But you rented a XDm and you don't like the sights. Besides the length between sights they are the same. Please explain to me.

Probably sent from my German Shepherd

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Welcome from southern Illinois. You have an XDm and you like it. But you rented a XDm and you don't like the sights. Besides the length between sights they are the same. Please explain to me.

5.25 has FO front and adjustable rear

And welcome from Tennessee!

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
5.25 has FO front and adjustable rear

And welcome from Tennessee!
Learned something new. I don't pay enough attention some times

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Welcome from New Jersey

·
Premium Member
27,915 Posts
Welcome from Florida!

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Welcome from Georgia

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

It was the XDm 5.25, the sights are a red fiber optic front and a back sight that use a notch to line up the front. I'm sure I could get used to it eventually but I like the three dot sights better on my XDm 3.8. Didn't like the "balance", for lack of a better word. Also I wasn't wowed by the 9mm vs 40s&w recoil wise.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Welcome from ILLINOIS! There is nothing more personal than a hand gun. It don't matter what pistol you choose as long as you are happy with it and are accurate shooting it. If you pick a pistol you don't like shooting it thats when you got a problem. Practice and practice and more practice! Good luck and welcom aboard! This is a good site to get help if you need it. If you have a question odds are some one on here will have an awnser or will know where to go to get you the awnser.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts