Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FINALLY! WOOHOOO!

Thanks to everyone on this site, I decided on the XD40 service model and i went and ordered it yesterday, it came in today, I paid for it and wednesday i will pick it up and get straight to shooting up a brett favre cutout that my friend picked up from circuit city.

I'm so excited and cant stand it, i got the 40 with the trijicon sights for 535 out the door. which is a good price around here in tampa. xd's with regular sights were 489, so i got this one for 499, plus taxes and fees.

my 2 buddies got 40s as well, one bitone, and the other all black like mine.

hopefully i will have some pics of a messed up brett favre and a few of our new toys.

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP.

i'm gonna probably go ahead and order up the armadillo stuff and the 9mm barrel conversion to be ready. i bought a box of ammo last week cuz i got to excited..

seeya

lynx

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
also, i was thinking it was a good idea to go ahead and buy the armadillo products from xdgear.com.. dont want to have problems with rusting you know.

what do u think. should i get those or just some cleaning/protection stuff from the gun shop

lynx

·
Registered
657 Posts
Buy from www.pistolgear.com I bought a holster from them and they had it to me in 3 days from the day i ordered it.... quick shipping great service cant go wrong.

·
Registered
885 Posts
thehumanlynx said:
...i will pick it up and get straight to shooting up a brett favre cutout that my friend picked up from circuit city...
lynx
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Too funny!

Congrats.

lYxFizzyl said:
Buy from www.pistolgear.com I bought a holster from them and they had it to me in 3 days from the day i ordered it.... quick shipping great service cant go wrong.
+1 on the great service.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
one more thing, how difficult is it to install the efk conversion barrel??

and how is the accuracy, b/c i'm thinking of ordering it

thanks

lynx

·
Registered
95 Posts
It's just like installing the original barrel.

The XDs disassemble and assemble very well and very fast.

But to be a part of this group , you'll need to disassemble it ala Jackie Chan ( Rush Hour) style .........one handed.

Just Kidding :lol:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i'll keep you posted on my one handed disassembly..

ps. jet li did it real fast in lethal weapon 4, grabbed mel or dannys gun and popped the slide right off...

i'm gonna check out UNLEASHED w/jetli next week..

lynx[/u]

·
Registered
123 Posts
thehumanlynx said:
also, i was thinking it was a good idea to go ahead and buy the armadillo products from xdgear.com.. dont want to have problems with rusting you know.

what do u think. should i get those or just some cleaning/protection stuff from the gun shop

lynx
If you use Armadilllo you most likely will not have any finish problems at all and it is amazing how long that small container last.
Gun cleaner it Blue Wonder the best I have ever used.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
No the phrase is go Colts! What is it with you goofy people :roll:
Have fun with your new XD....but be forwarned....you'll be shoppin for another one within a couple months.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well i'm in tampa, and i think you all are wrong about your aforementioned teams of choice, but anyway, i'm 3 days away, and i'm looking forward to posting some pics of the 3 xd's we will be picking up and showing off the mangled remains of mr 4th quarter....

lets just hope all 3 of us dont shoot terribly and brett lucks out with just one or two holes in him :wink: :wink:

nevermind.. if that happens we will just move in 1/2 way. Brett deserves a proper send off, i've been hyping it to all my friends too much to let him get off so easy

Green Bays worst nightmare is 3 days away!!

mwahaha :lol:

lynx

·
Registered
126 Posts
whered you get that gun in tampa? One of my glocks has a sale pending...since i liked my new xd-tac so much and i am looking for another XD?

Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
it was actually well north of tampa in dade city. my friend knows a pasco co sherrif who knows the gun shop guy.

i priced everything around tampa and it was 489 for the 40s with standard sights, we got these with trijicon for 499+5fee and tax, so i was happy and it was worth the drive.

pm me and i'll get you there number if you are still interested.

lynx

1 - 17 of 17 Posts