Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't be the only one not thrilled with this development. There is a reason I don't own a Glock.

·
Registered
603 Posts
As far as looks go, I don't think it's too bad. The finger grooves aren't "grooves" in the same sense as what's on the Glocks, but more"similar to the grips on the H&K P30s From a side by side with the XD subcompact, the backstrap didn't seem any higher. I like the slide serrations as well. Will be watching to see how it does and await range reports.

·
Registered
19,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I won't even bother picking up a gun with finger grooves any more, even shallow ones. It is pointless to even try.

removing all but my thumb and trigger finger would hurt accuracy somewhat.

·
Premium Member
11,243 Posts
Agreed. The finger-grooves on every single gun I've tried feel like they were moulded for women.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
I can't be the only one not thrilled with this development. There is a reason I don't own a Glock.
Gen 2 Glocks are my favorite...:mrgreen:

I'll never buy another XD pistol.
I don't care what they do to it...:roll:

·
Registered
465 Posts
I would not call these finger grooves but I could see how the uneven surface might bother some folks.

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
Gen 2 Glocks are my favorite...:mrgreen:

I'll never buy another XD pistol.
I don't care what they do to it...:roll:
My glocks all are gen 4s with finger grooves removed.

Safety is a momentary choice. Prior performance and certification are completely irrelevant.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Agreed. The finger-grooves on every single gun I've tried feel like they were moulded for women.
I immediately noticed in their ad how it was held in the delicate hand of woman. Why? Because it would look ridiculously tiny in my XL man paws. That's one of the problems with compact guns -- they don't fit your hands unless you're a 12-year-old girl. Your pinkie will be hanging in mid air with nothing to grip, as is standard with sub-compact guns.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I loathe the finger grooves on Glocks 19 and 23. The P30, however, fits me like a glove. I'm hopeful about this one.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Are you gripping the pistol correctly? Make sure your gripping the "GRIP ZONE", line up your sights and report back.

Reactions: bijou

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
What do I do if I have a 1911 which lacks a "Grip Zone." I'm like so confused!
I understand the frustration my man. Let's get you signed up for some classes this is all too confusing to talk about through the internet.

·
Registered
731 Posts
rofl has anyone that doesnt like it actually held it ? too bad they mucked up the looks with the "gripe zone" otherwise it looks good

·
Registered
653 Posts
I got to shoot a 9mm this past Sunday, ran 50 rounds thru it. I really like the way it feels and it hits where you aim. I think with a little grip tape in the right areas will do wonders on the looks. I can see the XD logo on the back strap could become uncomfortable after a long day of shooting.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts