Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the XD last Saturday and finally got to shoot it today. The gun was great and very smooth. Any missed shots were my own mistakes. I put just over a hundred rounds through it and got to compare it with my brother's hk p30. They are both very similar, the XD lacking certain bells and whistles which the p30 have. Are they worth the extra $400? Not in my opinion. I also finally got the time to make a holster and carry the XD over the last couple days; attached is a photo. The gun is very comfortable, and the two safeties make me feel comfortable with the DAO and light trigger pull. This gun feels great and I find it to be very easy to conceal.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Congrats on the XD. Interesting looking holster you have there.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, the holster's a little different. It's comfortable as hell since the weight is spread out across the belt. I'm making my brother one, and will clean up that top stitch job with a leather wrap. I just like the top to be completely sealed so reholstering while it's inside the wasteband is as direct as possible.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Nice job with the leatherwork. Does that strap on the top of the holster depress the backstrap though?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The strap isn't cinched that tight, it mainly just makes sure the gun doesn't ride up at all.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
not too shabby.. you can easily dye the leather a brown/black belt color so it doesn't draw attention too fast if the shirt raises. Not a fan of thumb breaks and I'd certainly move that one (if I had it) so that the gun is freed by a straight downward motion rather than front-to-back-down.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts