Springfield XD Forum banner

What gun debate do you love to hate?

• AK vs AR

• The Great Caliber Debate (9mm vs .40 vs .45)

• Carry With One in the Chamber

• Remington vs. Mossberg

• The Best Home Defense Weapon

• The Best Defense Round

Results are only viewable after voting.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, with the vote coming up I decided to run my own poll. Think of the great gun debates you see on every gun forum you visit. You know, the best caliber, AK vs Ar, Remington vs. Mossberg, etc.....

and i am sure i will forget some so whatever.....

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
I hate all of them..... but I guess the caliber debate is the worst of all. A bullet in the chest or head is a bullet. It's going to hurt alot!!!

·
Registered
189 Posts
caliber debate for sure... I love my 45, and sure I'll admit that I will carry it over my 9. At the same time I don't feel undergunned AT ALL with my 9mm, so these debates just get old. They all end up with the same conclusion... shoot them all, which one do you shoot best? ok good, because anything 9mm and above is going to hurt... alot.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
A friend of mine is always giving me shi# about carrying a 9 over his full size 45 his says a 9 does not have the knockdown of a 45
I agree that a 230g 45 moving at it's slower velocity with most likely do more damage than my 124 FMJ RN but I am quite sure it will protect me
And I always carry one in the pipe

·
Premium Member
2,186 Posts
Carrying one in the chamber...caliber doesn't matter because they're all capable, ak vs ar is about preference (in my opinion), the best defense weapon and round is the one that YOU can shoot accurately under stress, not your buddy. If you don't have a round in the chamber, why carry a concealed weapon? You might not have enough time to rack the slide and even if you do, you might be under so much stress that you don't get the slide back far enough.

·
Premium Member
20,508 Posts
caliber debate... they are all going to do the job, just some might take more than others.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I get tired of the caliber debate the most. Mostly because it isnt just limited to handgun/defense rounds, but also hunting rounds. It gets so annoying to read people going back and forth about the advantages and disadvantages of a 30-06 vs. 308 vs 270 vs 7mm mag vs etc...

I wish people would just pick one and go with it!

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
one in the pipe!! worst of all

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gun control is one of those subjects on which virtually everyone has an opinion - usually strongly held. Whether pro- or anti-gun control, those opinions are often founded not on facts but on raw emotions fueled by widely publicized misinformation concerning gun use and misuse. Like few books before it, The Great American Gun Debate: Essays on Firearms and Violence, by Don B. Kates Jr. and Gary Kleck, pulls together the paramount sociological and criminological issues involved in this very public debate.

----------------------

ages

seo

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts
I don't think I really like them at all.

I voted for best home defense weapon, but it's easily summed up with one post saying "It varies."

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
There are objective questions and answers that can be asked from the various calibers, rifles, and shotguns. You can ask "which round has the deepest average penetration?" or "which rifle has the most aftermarket support?" can be answered through experimentation and fact.

But "Best home defense" kinds of questions are a little too subjective for me.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Caliber....
All my carry guns are 9s plus the LCP 380.
So too many, I'm defenseless with my puny 9mm loads.

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
Gun control is one of those subjects on which virtually everyone has an opinion - usually strongly held. Whether pro- or anti-gun control, those opinions are often founded not on facts but on raw emotions fueled by widely publicized misinformation concerning gun use and misuse. Like few books before it, The Great American Gun Debate: Essays on Firearms and Violence, by Don B. Kates Jr. and Gary Kleck, pulls together the paramount sociological and criminological issues involved in this very public debate.

----------------------

ages

seo
troll?

i hate the caliber debate the most. getting shot or shot at sucks no matter what caliber... a guy i know got shot in the calf by a 9mm and it tore his leg apart... they almost had to amputate.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Definitely the caliber debate. While I carry a .45 and it's definitely my #1 choice, with quality ammo and decent shooting, I dont think it's going to make that big of a difference. I'll be just as comfortable carrying a 9mm, and won't rule out carrying a .380 if that's the only feasible option.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts