Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trifocal-wearing granny, with my brand new XDm .40 at 25 yards. Just picked it up yesterday at the gun show and stopped by the range on the way home. Started out low, like everyone else. Also have to get used to the longer barrel. My other SA is an XD9SC, which I used for my Defensive Handgun class. Muzzle flip is a little harder to control with the .40, but I think I did OK.

·
Premium Member
127,272 Posts
You go, girl! :)

·
Registered
821 Posts
Naw, just that spring time when everyone is doing something else. :) So how do you like the XDm grip compared to the XD? Good shooting. :D

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
pictures,pictures,pictures... and some of the gun also

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
That's one dead bad guy, so it's not bad shootin.

9 to 40 huh? Do you have a 45? :D :cool:

·
Registered
349 Posts
I told my kids that as long as your hitting the black.... they wont get up :) everything else with come with time, nothing like a new gun :)

·
Premium Member
3,383 Posts
They are all hard to push. My XD nearly wore my thumb out at first.
Try taking the index finger of your weak hand out to the front of the trigger guard. This pulls down on the muzzle and cuts down on the "flip". It works for me.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Nice shooting granny!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Goodness,

I am not sure I could ever just fire off 33 rounds. How do you control your needs so well? If I go out, it is 150 to 300 rounds each time.

RJ

·
Registered
22,574 Posts
Nice shooting.

·
Premium Member
3,448 Posts
Nice going .... practice practice practice .... good start

·
Registered
145 Posts
Very nice shooting. Well done! You get to drive up the hill to shoot? Oh I'm so jealous of you! Unfortunately that's a no-no where I live in California. In fact, we can't even get XDm's here! So I had to settle for just a regular XD40.

Glad to hear you love that 40! It really is fun to shoot whether you shoot 33 rounds or 333 rounds. It's all good!

Wasn't is Winchester who said, "Shoot all you want. We'll make more"?

Maybe you and your hubby will want to reload your own too! Or how about telling your best grandchild that if they will reload ammo for you, you'll leave them your guns in your will. Ha! Bribery has its place!

BTW, your avatar cracks me up each time I see it! Scrat is so funny! I just watched Ice Age 3 again for about the 8th time. Maybe I need to change my avatar to Buck!

Okay Granny, back to shooting! Have fun!

-Grandpa Joe

·
Registered
145 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yes - you do live in God's country. The Olympic Pennisula is one of my favorite areas in the world other than where I live - and the only one I would ever consider relocating to.
You're so lucky that your husband shoots with you - I'm trying to talk mine into it, but no luck so far. I'll keep trying though!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts